Kara-Moon Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:32:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Second Song with new Singer - Torus  (Read 10205 times)
MAD

« on: March 23, 2008, 10:16:17 PM »

Hi Folks,

this is the second song that is completed from my collaborations with Lisa. this one is a bit more jazzy than the first one, and the mix and sound is a little different too.

As with the other song I am playing bass, guitars and keys, with the drums being midi grooves. Lisa adds all the vocals.

Again any comments/critiques are welcome.

Enjoy  Grin

* Torus.mp3 (6201.63 KB - downloaded 423 times.)

~ ~ Mark ~ ~
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 10:31:35 PM »

Again a very polished performance, although I'm not keen on that snare, especially at the start, it seems rather wild and unruly. Everything else seems to fit well.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 10:44:13 PM »

Woow  Shocked !
I like this kind of music, very different from my world, but it's really enjoyable when I'm in the mood
Great melodies, nice playing, great care for arrangement.
The vocal performance is superb.
A great song

Cheers
magmavander
Frenchy but chic
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 11:10:49 PM »

Hey! great stuff here  Grin
The sound is better now for my taste. It's wider and larger.
In the intro the ePiano is a bit mechanical. The bassline is great, in particular in vocal parts.
The melodic work is awesome, I did enjoy a lot your musicality.
Superb song and atmosphere!!

Thanks to share.

bye

mag

Frenchy but chic
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 06:04:04 PM »

Mad,

You've really carved a niche for yourself with a solid state style and the mixes are consistent...however though,I agree with Mag with regard to the e.piano...perhaps some rolls or chords would be smoother and would blend well in my opinion.

Very professional work though..very enjoyable. Cool

Thom

Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 06:26:24 PM »

Another good song and suberb vocals.

My comments about the bass remain however. Some eq and compression would really help. Maybe you're a bassplayer by nature and you want it upfront in the mix but the bass shouldn't compete with the vocalist in a mix.
And if you can I would beef up the kick to give the song more drive. The kick and bass should work together. Now I can hardly hear the kick.
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 08:50:20 PM »

WOW, I really liked this one. Super arrangement and production, great vocal, and outstanding bass and guitar lines.

I do agree with the others about the E-piano.  IMHO I thought it was far too basic for a song like this.  Maybe you should replace them with some more guitar leads, says a guitarist, as I thought they were spot on!

The older I get the better I was!
MAD

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 02:06:57 AM »

Again a very polished performance, although I'm not keen on that snare, especially at the start, it seems rather wild and unruly. Everything else seems to fit well.

I kinda like the unruly snare (although I have switched the actual snare sound, and kick drum sound for that matter several times with this song). Thanks for your compliments and comments  Grin

~ ~ Mark ~ ~
MAD

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 02:09:06 AM »

Woow  Shocked !
I like this kind of music, very different from my world, but it's really enjoyable when I'm in the mood
Great melodies, nice playing, great care for arrangement.
The vocal performance is superb.
A great song

Cheers

Thanks for all the great compliments Laguna  Grin  I have told Lisa (the singer) to come to the forum to look at some of the nice compliments she is getting on her vocals.   Thanks again, glad you liked it  Smiley

~ ~ Mark ~ ~
MAD

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 02:13:29 AM »

Hey! great stuff here  Grin
The sound is better now for my taste. It's wider and larger.
In the intro the ePiano is a bit mechanical. The bassline is great, in particular in vocal parts.
The melodic work is awesome, I did enjoy a lot your musicality.
Superb song and atmosphere!!

Thanks to share.

bye

mag

I thought this would be more like what you were saying in terms of mix and balance Magma. Glad you liked this one. Yes I know about the ePiano thing (I didn't want to say anything up fron because I wanted to see what people would say. My keyboard playing (I have an M-Audio Oxygen Cool really sucks baaaad! I play with just my 2 index fingers and then try to fix it in the editor afterwards (basically I have no keybord skills at all). At least on guitar I can fake it because it feels a bit like playing bass  Wink

I will maybe think of how I can do some fix up or something else in that solo.

Thanks for your comments as always  Grin

~ ~ Mark ~ ~
MAD

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 02:17:48 AM »

I do agree with the others about the E-piano.  IMHO I thought it was far too basic for a song like this.  Maybe you should replace them with some more guitar leads, says a guitarist, as I thought they were spot on!

I think I see a pattern here with the ePiano Wink  I always liked the part but felt like I could never really nail it (even with the editing in the MIDI editor afterwards. Maybe MarioD's comment about going for guitar part instead is a good one. I might give that a try
 Smiley

~ ~ Mark ~ ~
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 04:55:12 AM »

Hey MAD. Great vibe. I love Lisa's voice and vibe...maybe I should be watching the want adds Cheesy  Gotta agree about the e-piano. The intro is not too bad as its an intro, but the key's solo in the middle subtracts from the song, IMO. Just too simple for the type of tune.  A guitar lead as suggested would work, or maybe even better, add another collaborator. A tune like this might be in someone like Rony's wheelhouse. I think Martin's right about the kick as well.

With all that said, I still really enjoyed it!!

very different from my world

Hey LR, I'm still trying to figure out what that world, indeed, might be Cheesy Cheesy Wink

MAD

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 02:17:22 AM »

Gotta agree about the e-piano. The intro is not too bad as its an intro, but the key's solo in the middle subtracts from the song, IMO. Just too simple for the type of tune.  A guitar lead as suggested would work, or maybe even better, add another collaborator.

Hi Fred S,
    thanks for the comments. I think you are right about the e-piano solos. I am going to do some thinking about which route to go. Either guitars or as you said maybe add another collaborator  Smiley

Thanks again  Grin

~ ~ Mark ~ ~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: