Kara-Moon Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:02:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW ARTIST SECTION !!!  (Read 89540 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2008, 07:43:54 PM »

I shall have to have another wander rover there Smiley

This brings up an interesting point. Is there any way to flag up when an artist adds a new tune?

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2008, 08:03:52 PM »

This brings up an interesting point. Is there any way to flag up when an artist adds a new tune?

This method will do, in a pinch Grin

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2008, 08:24:03 PM »

Very nice bit of steel guitar there. I've always like that as an instrument, but never had the time/money/space for one myself Sad

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2008, 08:34:21 PM »

Thanks, Tex, but that's my 6-string, with a little help from the pitch-shift effect and volume pedal on the Digitech RP12 processor. Kiss

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2008, 08:43:12 PM »

Shocked

New one of mine on there now 'East To West'. Make sure you're sitting in a chair with high sides - you'll know why Grin

- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2008, 08:46:52 PM »

I shall have to go for a bit of a wander, myself Wink

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2008, 09:01:08 PM »

Neatly done!

It was interesting how you managed to allude to 4/4 time when in "eastern" mode, the slide into 3/4 for "west".
The phase-shift effect and interesting percussive sounds helped "costume" the eastern bits without you having to go too heavy on the black keys to get the mood across - very clever.

Zyn, I presume Cool?

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2008, 06:20:29 AM »

I was planning to change the old song page with a page containing the last 15 to 20 submitted songs. The player will also be included so you immediatly hear the most submitted song. From there, you'll be able to to navigate to the artist you like. I could have this ready by the weekend...

Moon
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2008, 07:12:59 PM »

@Oren
It's actually in 6/8, which as my old piano teacher taught me, means you can fake 2/4 or 3/4  by missing out beats, and 'imply' 4/4 - sometimes works, sometimes doesn't Roll Eyes

Hmmm, black notes, what black notes?  Wink

Zyn ... did you really need to ask? Grin

- Will
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2008, 07:14:35 PM »

I was planning to change the old song page with a page containing the last 15 to 20 submitted songs. The player will also be included so you immediatly hear the most submitted song. From there, you'll be able to to navigate to the artist you like. I could have this ready by the weekend...

Moon

Wow! You don't hang about do you? Cool

- Will
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2008, 07:55:09 PM »

Wow! You don't hang about do you? Cool

You know... I'm just here to make people happy !  Afro
Max el Belga
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2008, 08:24:54 AM »

Moon, Moon, Moon... Huh You could make me happy...  ...if you´re not getting unhappy doing it... Shocked

I tried to activate a page for me.  The best I can tell about my experience is  : your site is still funtioning ! Grin
IOW : I failed in a shameless way. Undecided
I came as far as receiving a mail from you, responded, got the message saying everything was OK...
Then I´m supposed to load up a song, but at this point I got stuck...  "What, how, where and when", are a few of my actual questions.

...OK, everybody still alive ? A laughter attack can be deadly... Grin

Could it be a problem that I have an 'audio stock' room at the 'back' of your site, with his own password, but the same username !?
Or can you move the songs from over there with 'one click' to the artist section ?
Questions, my friend...  And I feel so dum, right now.  Always a lot to learn; can I get a head like this : Afro ?

...Moon ?...  Oh, so he suddenly dissappeared and joined the Légion Etrangé; can´t blame him, me and my questions ! Roll Eyes

Grin

I wonder if you can figure this one out.  Magister Moon, please do a miracle but take your time; I know magic takes a little longer. Grin

BTW congrats ! The site design is just perfect ! Who does the lay-out ? Impressive grafical skills ! CU,

Max... .. . wOO

PS : another big 'joke'...  2 days ago I started to work on a song for somebody else.  A dull job : cut and correct timing of nearly every note of a total of 4 minutes audio.  I finished at 3:30 in the morning, clicked on play with the rest of the tracks also activated now...  Shocked Kakafonia-total ! Correctly played indeed.  The only trouble : I placed everything in 4/4, while the rest of the band played dead calm a shuffle (6/4)...

This is an example of one of the best ways to learn something : the hard, I won´t forget this one very soon...

Yesterday I did a redo, added new drums and a second guitar.  Now it sounds super, already in the first mix ! Grin

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2008, 08:38:51 AM »

Hmmm, black notes, what black notes?  Wink

Oops...the black keys, ebony, as it were... Grin They form a five note scale that is vaguely representative of Asian musical styles. Pentatonic?

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2008, 11:46:56 AM »

I wonder if you can figure this one out.  Magister Moon, please do a miracle but take your time; I know magic takes a little longer. Grin

OK, the miracle maker is here !  Grin

Just mail me your login and password and I'll check it out...

Moon
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2008, 06:30:30 PM »

Moon

OK, it's there : http://www.kara-moon.com/index.php?modid=mod03&l_submenu_id=m001_03_07
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: