Kara-Moon Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:12:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with Mozilla Firefox  (Read 3319 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: April 14, 2008, 03:36:59 AM »

I've only had this web browser for a few hours and I'm already having problems I cannot believe...some of the web pages do not display content correctly,as there are overlapping images & icons.
Also,I cannot view YouTube videos,since I get a message telling me that either I have my javascript turned off(which I don't),or that I have an outdated version of Adobe flash player.
When I tried to download the new version of the player,I got an error message telling me that I have to close down Firefox,before I can run the program?!!

I must have the most odd-ball computer on the planet,as I run into problems everywhere I turn and there no end to them,or perhaps I just don't have the aptitude for computers,as I have not really learned a thing about them since I got this computer 4 years ago.
I think it's about time I went to a computer school,assuming that I am capable of grasping the concept of comptuters. Huh Undecided

Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 05:18:57 AM »

Thom,

Firefox is a full-featured web browser that requires some learning, customization to suit your personal style, and subsequent adjustments to accomodate the features you have chosen. It is a tool that requires some discipline to deploy effectively. Read through the set-up instructions, examine the options, then choose the ones you want and initialize. There is nothing wrong with Firefox or your computer.

Take your time, work in an organized manner, and learn your new tool - you'll be very happy you did. I've been using Firefox on both my Linux machine and my windoze/pentium machine, plus I have it as my browser on two different windoze 2000Pro equipped computers at work. Very reliable, an excellent protection for your computer from internet skullduggery, and designed to be compatible with all the add-on toys (Flash Player, etc.) normally associated with Internet Explorer.

If I can do it, so can you... Wink

Oren.

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 03:11:24 PM »

Thanks Oren,your a lifesaver. Grin

Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 03:39:52 PM »

Thanks Oren,your a lifesaver. Grin

Always a pleasure, Thom. (most folks seem to regard me more as a fruit loop  Undecided Cheesy)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: