Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:40:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: For aspiring Fantom G owners...  (Read 2971 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: April 28, 2008, 02:34:58 AM »

This is the first hands on review I have come across and even though it's only one person's opinion,I still think it's an important read for prospective Fantom G owners,because I have found it to be quite honest & to the point-especially so,considering that in my opinion,Roland workstations are more about cramming in as much bells & whistles as possible into thier workstations,rather than also focusing on sound quality.

To be brutally candid,I am not at all surprised by this review,because the audio demos on Roland's website,did not really sound any different than the X-series to me.
Also,I feel that Roland's price for such a massive recording tool is a bit underpriced and this would be the case,if the sounds quality was what I hoped it would be.

I get the distinct impression so far,that Roland once again,has created a recording tool that exceeds the competition,but the sound quality of the programs are not up to par with some of the competition.

It seems very clear to me that Roland's workstations will never reach Kurzweil quality,in both acoustic & synth sounds...and given Roland's price point,it only makes sense to me.
To put a finer point on things,for instance,when you have a listen to a Clavia or Access audio demo,there is no doubting the sound quality ever,as what you hear,is exactly what you get.

http://www.sweetwater.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20736

Thom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: