Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:30:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New VIRUS TI Snow  (Read 8246 times)
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« on: January 20, 2008, 09:07:44 AM »

It's that time of year again and it looks like 2008 will be more exiting than 2007. Checkout http://www.access-music.de/snow/ and you'll see what I mean !
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 09:16:06 AM »

Aha, you can even order one : http://www.thomann.de/be/access_virus_ti_snow.htm

...alyhough the price of 1066 euro is much higher than Waldorf's blofeld which retails at merely 399 euro...

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 09:34:29 AM »

Ouch, that's way more expensive then the waldorf, alltough this one has vsti integration as expected from Access.
But it is expensive.

I wonder what users think of the Blofeld....

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 09:54:36 AM »

...alyhough the price of 1066 euro is much higher than Waldorf's blofeld which retails at merely 399 euro...

Ouch, that's way more expensive then the waldorf, alltough this one has vsti integration as expected from Access.

mmmhh...  Undecided I don't really know... do you think they are in the same class/category ?
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 04:46:26 PM »

Kara, note that the Virus TI Snow has twice as much polifony as the Waldorf Blofeld, so that justifies a lot of the price. I agree, it remains expensive and personally I would rather spend 600 euro's more to get myself a full blown Virus... at least as soon as I have saved enough money...  Undecided

Moon
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 03:31:40 AM »

Moon,

I agree that the 61 key Access Virus is the way to go,as I like having a keybed with my sounds myself,but being that I already have two keyboards & no room to spare,I decided to save up for the Virus TI Snow..it's perfect for me...for one,I don't have to worry about it being discontinued like the Nord Lead-because it was just recently released Grin and secondly,it the perfect space-saver,user friendly and best of all,there is no other way to buy these kind of unique,high quality sounds for the price(outside of pc software).
Also,the polyphony is more than double of the Nord Lead-so it's sequencer friendly,which is what I'm really after.

Most everywhere I looked,it's going for $1420(USD),but I found a retailer that carries it for $1250(USD)!

As for the Alesis Ion that you were considering,it's been completely off of the market for several weeks now,as NO ONE has any leftovers in stock(at least not in the U.S.).I've also seen the Ion listed on the www.vintagesynth.com site,which is never a good sign(for finding one new,anyway) Sad

As for Clavia,well...I've boycotted that company altogether,as thier farewell marketing scheme with the Nord Lead 2X really made me sick & terribly angry.

I've actually considered contacting Clavia to protest thier outrageous price hike & limited production of thier anniversary edition Lead 2X,but I knew that would be a wasted effort and I figured it's just better to forget about Clavia once & for all.

If you get your Virus before I do,I'll be looking forward to your reviews! Shocked Grin

Cheers,

Thom

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 06:01:58 AM »

Thom, in the mean time I have sold my Virus B and bought a second hand Virus KC instead. I just love the Virus. Having the second keyboard on top of the M3 is great. The two synth complement each other very nicely. I don't think I will be buying a TI Snow, but as soon as I can, I'll upgrade my KC to a 5 octave Virus TI. Virus build excellent synts and I would recommend them to anybody... even considering their price tag.

Moon
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 04:10:21 PM »

Moon,

I feel that out of everything Access has to offer currently,the Snow TI is a bargain,because to have that much power & such unique sound quality,along with 50 note polyphony for $1250(USD),this item is unmatched in overall quality for the price,in my opinion.

I just could'nt find anything out there that even comes close to this product,in or near this price range. Cool

Thom

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 04:45:53 PM »

Yeah... the TI Snow is good value for the money. The TI with a five octave keyboard has twice as much polifony as the snow... and is about double of the price. Expensive, yes, but still great value for money. I don't think I'll be getting the Virus TI before september, so you'll be the lucky first one. So it will be me waiting for the review !  Grin

Moon
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 08:39:18 PM »

Moon,

How I wish that were true,that I could even get my hands on the Virus this year.It's not going to happen for me any time soon,as I am still making payments on the KRK monitors I recently bought.

Once I get my Stimulus Package rebate in May,I can start building some savings towards it,so I am predicting that I'll get mine at the end of December at the earliest...I don't even like thinking that far ahead...ughh! Tongue

On the contrary,YOU will be the one to review it first,as the only virus I may get this year is the flu. Grin

Thom

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 05:54:33 AM »

On the contrary,YOU will be the one to review it first,as the only virus I may get this year is the flu. Grin

OK, I'll promise I'll do my very best !  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: