Kara-Moon Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:19:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Driving the Autobahn  (Read 7843 times)
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« on: May 21, 2008, 09:01:30 PM »

Undecided this is not my usual kind of music, but I couldn't miss the chance to produce my own version of the popular Autobahn series.
 Cheesy

Cheers

* LR_DrivingTheAutobahn.mp3 (2706.43 KB - downloaded 255 times.)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 09:21:36 PM »

L.R.,

I relish in the fact that the Autobahn theme has become a regular institution around hear...this is too cool! Grin

About your song; the frantic drum track is thematic,but there's no low end punch to it and there's no bass track either-which to be quite honest is disappointing,because this piece could really go places if it wanted to.

As it is,it's weightless and sounds unfinished...any chance you might re-vamp it?

Sorry to be a kill-joy,but that's my own personal take on it.

Thom

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 12:14:24 PM »

Hi LR

I like the chiptune sound of it.

@thom : this is a real chiptune song. The name chiptune comes from the Comodore 64 times, where music for video games was made using the internal music chip SID. The SID had not that many possibilities but as it stand now, it is still a very popular music genre, mostly in the tracker scene where a lot of people make chip tunes. So the absence of bass or low end is normal in that kind of songs.

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 12:27:05 PM »

Very entertaining...and a nice melody too!

The tonal selections in this tune remind me of Asian and European performance cars with a relatively small displacement and very high revolutions per minute.

Thom and I are more accustomed to eight very large pistons thundering away at low frequencies Afro

Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 06:46:29 PM »

no low end punch

I did a weird kind of bass track but that cheap-chip/electro sound is buried and not much upfront, but it works for me because it adds the atmosphere I was after, yes, of course it lacks bass freqs punch...
I don't know, maybe I can try something different...  Undecided ...Autobahn music never ends...  Grin

Quote from: Kara
this is a real chiptune song

Thanks ! Cheesy I'm glad my adventure (far from my usual stuff) went well

Quote from: Oren
The tonal selections in this tune remind me of Asian and European performance cars with a relatively small displacement and very high revolutions per minute
Thom and I are more accustomed to eight very large pistons thundering away at low frequencies  Afro

Grin yeah, two different worlds, I see the difference...

Cheers
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 08:21:48 PM »

A southern European Autobahn I'd say Cheesy

<mutter> damn fast cars<mutter> Tongue

@Oren
If you want 'very large' you should see the 5 cylinder ship diesels in the Dover harbour refueling bunkers.

My employers do some work there occasionally - which usually means me, as only a couple of us can stand the noise, fumes and motion without turning green.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 09:05:51 AM »

Will,

Automotive mechanics was a hobby for me. My wife and I hotrodded Volkswagen Beetles for entertainment... and to get us around the eastern half of the continent at extreme speeds Cheesy. (of late I've lost the taste for mechanical transportation of any kind Tongue)

I have looked at some of the big marine diesels down here at the Victoria harbour with trepidation. Massive!

Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 02:42:35 PM »

Do you mean Victoria BC ?
I love that place.
well... it's a bit off-topic here (unless we try to compose music about driving the HWY # 1 up to Nanaimo)
I had a lot of fun visiting the coastal area Ladysmith, Cowichan, been near Shawnigan lake and I did some hiking, Pitch & putt at Duncan (iirc)
Next sparetime there I'd like to see Tofino and the pacific coast.

This picture was taken last summer

Cheers

* DSC00479_.jpg (148.87 KB, 1229x922 - viewed 552 times.)
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 04:29:53 PM »

Yo! Shocked

You can spit to my apartment from there - I walk by it every day to and from work!

Do you live on the west coast?

(this is a photo of Beacon Hill Park in January - we tend to cultivate the less populated areas of town, but this spot is less than half a kilometer from the Legislative Buildings where your's was taken Grin)

* Van Isle Winter.jpg (230.86 KB, 864x648 - viewed 537 times.)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 04:55:45 PM by Oren » Logged

Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 11:19:32 PM »

Oh yeah, I remember Beacon Hill Park, going downhill south, there's a HUGE totem pole on the left, and you can see the Olympic mt far on the other side of the strait in a clear day.

Oh no, I'm moving a lot these days, tossed around to earn an almost decent living, biz trips  Roll Eyes ...but I'm staying in Italy atm, up north near Switzerland, the Alps, Lake Como, Bellagio, etc... ...and Milan's not too far south

Knowing that, we can have a beer in BC capital next time I'll hang around

Cheers
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 11:30:04 PM »

Beer it is.... wOO

SoundKlops

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2008, 07:59:28 AM »

Undecided this is not my usual kind of music, but I couldn't miss the chance to produce my own version of the popular Autobahn series.
 Cheesy
Cheers

Very cool. Cool
I like it very much

Andreas
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 03:20:33 PM »

Thanks so much Andreas  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print