Kara-Moon Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:25:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Translator Dutch-English ?... .. .  (Read 4887 times)
Max el Belga
Kara-Moon-Collective

« on: June 22, 2008, 12:59:27 PM »

Guys and ladies, I'm (we're) looking for a good translator, to do the traduction of a very funny top-quality novel.
The author is 1 of the 6 best writers in the Dutch language !

Where's the connection with music ? Inside the novel, 'cose that's exactly where Max el Belga was born... 
It might be the funniest job of yer life ! 

Let me know if you feel curiousity and I'll show you a bit more, cheers,

Max... .. . 
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 07:51:51 PM »

Definetely interested; I love English and I'm Dutch. I'm, however, not a professional translator and also the amount of time available will be an issue. Still, if I can help out in one way or another let me know.

Also known as Marc JXP
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 05:51:04 PM »

Depending on how much there is, and how quickly it's wanted I could do a final 'clean up' (being a native English speaker)

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Max el Belga
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 12:07:14 AM »

Sorry for being out a while...

A nice offer, folderol and MarcJX8P. 
The best solution would be a native English talking person, whoīs very familiar with Dutch.
I leave a chapter here, so you can have an impression.

Cheers,

Max... .. . wOO

PS : BTW, this will be a 'payed' job; Iīve put it between '', īcose itīs money that comes from one or another official institution.
I donīt know the exact details yet...  It is a typical 'strangely' organised system : first translating, then getting a forreign editor interested and then they pay off... Huh  More or less, if I remember well.  Roll Eyes
Anyhow, right now heīs got a marvallous Dutch editorial behind him that will publish everything he makes ! Cool
He has made in the past at least 50 comic album and has written lots of stories for other comics (won some prizes before too) ! Wink
Now he does 'graphic novels'.

*  (6.91 KB - downloaded 271 times.)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 09:14:30 PM »

Well, considering my experience of Dutch is slightly zero I guess thats me out of it!

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 09:03:19 AM »

Well, my Dutch is a little better Wink but from what you've attached here the text is quite complex to translate I'm afraid. I'm afraid this would take more time than I can commit to at the moment, sorry...

Also known as Marc JXP
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 09:24:38 AM »

Problem with the text is that they are so well written. If you translate this too 'technically', you would end up with a text without the 'spies' of the orriginal one.... That's why we really need someone who's talented in both languages...

P.S.: I've tried without success  Undecided

Moon

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: