Kara-Moon Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:30:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: (re-master)C.R.O.A.D.  (Read 16936 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 04:44:04 PM »

Rharv,

A compressor plug in would be a good idea if I did computer recording,but I'm strictly a hardware gear guy.
I'm all for rolling with the latest technology,but I prefer to do this with keyboard workstations and portable hard drive recorders.
I do have compressor effects in my Zoom recorder,but I did not like the results,as I've found them to be a bit too restrictive for my taste.

Thanks for the tip though.

Thom

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 04:53:04 PM »

Marc,

As for the effects implementation,I guess I'll just have to experiment more with my internal effects on my portable hard drive recorder,but the duvet thing sounds ideal.
I was thinking of buying a portable office partition(preferably with fabric on the panels),or just applying egg cartons or some sort of fabric to the panels of the partition.
Thanks for the tips.

Thom

Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 09:26:58 AM »

Fabric or egg cartons only will stop very short (high) frequencies; the low to mid range frequencies you need to stop to eliminate boxiness need more room (meaning thicker materials). Aside from using professional quality foam audio insulation, the only effective budget solutions I keep encountering are the duvet trick I mentioned or by using rock wool insulation materials. And of those the duvet is the most flexible! )

Check out the Sound On Sound magazine website, I learned a lot from there: http://www.soundonsound.com/. You can use the search function and the category selector to look for studio advice (look for studio sos). Most recent articles are for subscribers only, but a large amount of them are open for anyone.

Marc

Marc,

As for the effects implementation,I guess I'll just have to experiment more with my internal effects on my portable hard drive recorder,but the duvet thing sounds ideal.
I was thinking of buying a portable office partition(preferably with fabric on the panels),or just applying egg cartons or some sort of fabric to the panels of the partition.
Thanks for the tips.

Thom

Also known as Marc JXP
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 06:35:50 PM »

Marc,

The SOS tip is a good one,but finding inexpensive material is the real challenge.

As for a duvet that you speak of..well..I don't know what your referring to specifically,since the word duvet is a french term for "comfort"-more specifically a scarf or thick blanket....a far too generalized word for me to exactly what you mean...care to elaborate on that? Huh Grin

Thanks,

Thom

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 07:06:31 PM »

duvet - sometimes referred to as a continental quilt. A replacement for blankets on a bed.

Never thought of using one for acoustics - should work well though.

SOS is a very good recommendation. Lots of good info there - some crud as well but you expect that!  Roll Eyes

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2008, 09:15:08 AM »

A duvet ('dekbed' in Dutch) kind of looks like a mix of a cushion and a blanket in that it has the size of a blanket (and is not as thick as a cushion) but it is filled with materials that make it soft, puffy and airy (feathers or artificial fibers) which is ideal for stopping medium to high frequencies (all that trapped air is a great barrier).

Also known as Marc JXP
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2008, 07:42:55 AM »

Hi Thom
this is a month old track, but I missed it when you posted the reworked version and I'm enjoying your efforts right now and I must say that it flows very well and your vocals sits in well.
I think this very original with all those synths going on.
Solid track
Well done

Cheers
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2008, 02:21:24 PM »

L.R.,

So glad you enjoyed my first original work(with vocals),as I had been very sketchy about it at first.

Thanks a mint! Cool

Thom

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: