Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:40:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zoom RFX 2200  (Read 10552 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: August 06, 2008, 02:27:14 AM »

After having driven myself batty trying to choose the ideal effects processor on a budget,I've discovered an outboard effects unit that is quite extraordinary... Shocked

I began my quest with a mindset of believing that I would most likely have to spend $ clearly out of my budget to get clean,usable & maybe even inspiring effects and also hoping to get a good assortment of such,along with editing versatility.
I was also hung up on the novelty of having a visually generous lcd display,but then I realized that more than likely,I would be paying an extra hundred bucks just for that feature.
I had also drawn a conclusion that if I wanted near-professional quality,I would have to spend a minimum of $500 or up,but I could not justify spending just as much,if not more,than what my multi-track recorder cost me.

Finally,I had come to the resolution that upgrading from the built in effects in my mixer,was good enough....

The Zoom RFX 2200-oddly enough,did not have any product review articles-except for the SoundOnSound.com review,and a couple of user reviews on Zzounds.com and that's all I could find amidst the entire scope of the internet-which had me worried a bit.
However though,all said reviews were very good,especially so-considering an outboard effects unit at this price point($199.99)

The critical selling point for me,was looking over the manual in a PDF file and being in awe over the vast array of unusual effects,such as Reverse Reverb,Time Trip,Dimension,Cabinet Simulator,Ring Modulator-to name a few.

Not just an impressive selection of reverbs,but plenty of multi-effects and special effects to really mangle incoming audio!

Honestly,the only stand-alone effects processor that faired better than the Zoom for my wants & needs feature-wise,was the Kurzweil Mangler,but with a street price of $584.00(which is $84 more than my Zoom recorder).

With all this in mind,I decided to give the Zoom a go...and ever since it arrived late this morning,I've been tinkering with it,as if it was a new keyboard I had just bought!
All the effects I went through,were lush,crisp & clean and really complimented my Alesis Ion...WOW!!
Even though I'm new to outboard effects processors & I only had intended to step up from my mixer effects,based on my research and having experienced the Zoom,I believe this effects unit to be unmatched & unparalled in this price range.

There is no lcd display,but there is a 2 line numerical display and given the brilliant layout and all of the intuitive manual real time controls,the Zoom RFX 2200 is a monster effects board & an absolute joy to work with!

There's also midi functionality,a mic input,an input for a effects bypass footswitch and a tap midi sync delay function.

* Zoom RFX 2200 003.jpg (1573.86 KB, 2304x1728 - viewed 1079 times.)

* Zoom RFX 2200.jpg (1868.01 KB, 2304x1728 - viewed 986 times.)

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 11:46:26 AM »

I've just checked this one out on the internet.
Looks realy like a nice FX unit, plenty of possibilities  Cool

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 12:28:59 PM »

It would go beautifully with a Nord Lead 2X!!! Grin

Thom

Pages: [1]