Kara-Moon Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:44:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Autobahn 5(road rage edit)  (Read 9610 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: August 13, 2008, 02:48:45 AM »

As per Kara's wish Grin,I constructed a full version of this tune & had a delightful time digging back into this piece....hope this version is enjoyable as well. Smiley

* A5(Road Rage Edit).mp3 (4383.88 KB - downloaded 320 times.)

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 03:46:54 PM »

More automania from brother Thom.... Cheesy

I particularly like the bass work you've done, and the way the strings pan back and forth to give the sonic impression of scenery whipping by on either side of the driver's peripheral vision.
...I found my right foot searching for the brake pedal  Shocked
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Possible tweaks:

If the bass sound used at the beginning of your second section were replaced by one of the bass sounds used in the the first section, it would add continuity to the piece, connecting the two sections more organically.

If the bass sound you used at the end were extended backwards to support the whole last half of your second section, it would improve the over-all depth and tonal interest.

The panning on the strings tends to be too radical. If video game players are going to be listening to this track while driving, the ones who use headphones will have to go out and have a lobotomy just to stop their heads spinning after a session with this track. Have mercy!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(how's the new Mackie working?)

Frederik

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 05:59:18 PM »

First version I'm listening to.
Nice work, espcially the first section - the second half could be improved buy Orens suggestions I think  Wink

frederik
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 07:22:16 PM »

Mr 'Autobahn' strickes again Smiley

Very dark and sinister. Cool I do not want to be on the same road as these drivers Shocked

I agree with Oren about the panning being a bit savage - even on speakers it's a bit unsettling.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 07:46:49 PM »

Oren,

Thanks for the feedback & compliments. Cool

As for doing any tweaks on this,I am going to have to rest this on the back burner for awhile,as there are some new developments with the Capitol City Pipes & Drums situation...
My uncle contacted me & to my sheer surprise,he is thrilled with what I've done to his first song on his cd-so evidentally,a contemporary theme is not a problem with him.

Also,he gave me some contact info of his partner(s),which include the staff at the studio where the music was recorded at.
He asked me to send my music seperately in a file,but I don't know how that's going to work out,since my timing is not quite up to par. Undecided
So obviously I have quite a bit more work ahead of me,because I have to find out what the tempo of thier music is,so that I can go back & lay everything down into my sequencer & sync up to it.
I will also probably take the advice I've recieved from everyone here and make some alterations as well...at this point it might be pertinent for me to find out exactly how much time I actually have to work on this project,because I'm in over my head & I'm up to my eyeballs with work now.

The Mackie's working like a dream!

Thanks,

Thom
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 08:10:01 PM by elwoodblues1969 » Logged

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 07:52:21 PM »

Fred,

Glad you like my work-thanks. :)Since you did not hear the first version of this-your not missing out on anything,as I've just simply added onto the original,by jumping into where I had left off.
As for improvements-well,there's always room for those. Smiley

Thom

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 08:03:02 PM »

Will,

I am glad I was able to frighten you with my music Evil Grin.
As for the panning..well...I find it interesting that quite a few people on this forum have a problem this particular characteristic of recording,as I can recall from way back-when I posted the song; "Dream With The Fishes",and Kara had made a comment about the panning of the strings track of that song.

I agree,that on headphones,it is a bit unsettling-but listening to panning through speakers never bothered me a bit.

Just out of curiousity,does anyone here find some of the old recordings from the 60's bothersome...the way they were recorded...drums & bass on the right channel and guitar & keyboards on the other? Grin

Thanks for the feedback. Cool

Thom

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 08:09:45 PM »

Just out of curiousity,does anyone here find some of the old recordings from the 60's bothersome...the way they were recorded...drums & bass on the right channel and guitar & keyboards on the other? Grin
Oh Yes! It used to annoy me intensely. I usually ended up doing an L-R mix to reduce the effect. Worst of all was when they'd apply a panning LFO to a electric guitar. Yeutch Angry

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 08:15:29 PM »

Grin Grin...I can remember being irritated by some of the early Led Zeppelin recordings & The Doors recordings in particular...especially when you were in a retail store and they did not have thier stereos wired up correctly-so you only heard half the song....sometimes I would hear the music,but not the vocals...AAHHH! Angry Grin

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 08:18:12 AM »

...as I can recall from way back-when I posted the song; "Dream With The Fishes",and Kara had made a comment about the panning of the strings track of that song.

Thom,

Don't forget that nowadays most music is listened to on small earphones and an i-pod or something similar  Roll Eyes
Not saying this is a good thing, but as an artist we must adapt to the market  Grin

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 01:01:34 PM »

Kara,

I know all too well about the influx of i-pods & such,as it's an all-out pandemic in this country as well....and to that I say-the more panning,the better-VIVA LA PANNING!! Grin

Thom

Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 08:51:13 AM »

Woow ! I think these drivers drank too much coffee  Grin
nice remix, I don't know... it sounds more aggressive in a way.

Cheers
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 02:30:31 PM »

Too much coffee?Yes.Too much fun?Yes indeed! Grin

Thanks for the review. Cool

Thom

Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2008, 02:39:43 AM »

"road rage edit" too funny Grin  There's some very nice touches in this...you know...its where the rubber meets the road Cheesy

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2008, 03:05:07 AM »

Thanks Fred,glad you like it. Cool

Thom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: