Kara-Moon Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:34:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: M-Audio Axiom master keyboards  (Read 5397 times)
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« on: September 01, 2008, 12:11:06 PM »

I recently got an M-Audio Axiom 25 for my laptop and because I loved it so much an Axiom 61 for my studio setup. The market for master keyboards is quite big, but on price/performance levels I really love these. They're not the smallest and lightest but they feel very sturdy and the keyboard action is lovely with aftertouch adding that bit of extra expressiveness. There are loads of controls on the keyboard and eight really nice velocity sensitive pads for your drums or loops. Configuration options are really impressive and there's a pc based editor called enigma that can help you with your setup (although it's not necessary).

The only slight nag I have is that the pd/mod wheels are a tad small; although still perfectly playable I like to have more space for subtle adjustments. Still, the aftertouch more than makes up for it. Playing my Fantom Xa through this keyboard revealed some hidden depths in some patches that were very cool to play.

Also known as Marc JXP
Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 05:14:17 PM »

These look like an excellent choice for the "one tool does it all" keyboard - I'm a big fan of M-Audio.

(are we considering a new name, bro? Say...............Marc Axiom61, perhaps  Kiss ?)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 05:17:04 PM by Oren » Logged

Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 11:00:41 AM »

Hey, you might have something there... AxioMarc or something... Mind you, it does sound like a Harry Potter spell: 'Accio Marc!'. Grin

Also known as Marc JXP
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 01:33:14 PM »

But did you need to spell it out, or could we have taken it as axiomatic  Grin

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 02:10:55 PM »

And not to confuse it all with an automatic guitar, which is an axe-o-matic! Grin

Also known as Marc JXP
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: