Kara-Moon Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:42:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brace yourself,for an aesthetic nightmare....  (Read 6902 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: September 02, 2008, 04:44:26 PM »

These by far,are the most hideous looking monitors on the planet! Shocked Tongue

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR224596

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR266604

While KRK's performance is fair to exceptional,thier color schemes are so disgusting that I'm considering unloading my pair(also because my Rokit's are extremely bulky & a bit too encumbersome for my confined space).

I don't know how I allowed myself to buy KRK's-of course the objective was to be practical & save money,but I recently discovered that I had overlooked what seems to be a pair of monitors that's ideal for me-of which I should have considered & bought in the first place,which are the Event Alpine 5's.

I've got a friend that's interested in buying my KRK's,so I will probably go with the Events. Cool

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 06:23:23 PM »

Yekes, those red ones are .... well I hate them  Grin

But then again in french we have a saying that goes like 'tastes and colours you don't discuss' Grin

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
rharv
Use in Moderation
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

Glad to be here

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 10:22:43 AM »

In these parts, it goes like this-
 'There is no accounting for taste'

Many times I've built homes with colors and furnishings I thought were butt ugly,  but when the homeowner asks how I like their choices my reply was always- 'do YOU like it?  I'm not going to visit here much, but you are going to live here so I just want to make sure you like it before I'm done'.  I would then tell of 'other' homes I've done where the people loved the colors and I didn't, so there is no accounting for taste.

Make your sound your own!

http://www.motagator.net/bands/556/
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 11:26:54 AM »

Normally I would adhere to the "to each his/her own" centiment,but as I see it,studio monitors are meant to be neutral-such as black,gray or some sort of metal color,so that they will blend into any studio you put them in.

I think colors are fine though,as I've seen some pretty magnificent color schemes,but I think each brand or company,should offer an assortment to choose from,just like you would get from a hi-fi home entertainment system.

Sound & performance are paramount,so I don't think a person should have to be tormented by thier decisions to choose a monitor,partially based on appearance,because afterall,these are monitors you have to live with everyday.

I know that companies have to adhere to some sort of profit margin,but the demographic that some of these companies are aiming for,are some individuals who want to be flashy & trendy-to make some sort of statement,but studio monitors were meant to be a mixing tool,not a frichen surfboard!! Huh Angry

Let's face it,KRK is designed in California & despite thier monitors being manufactured in China-there still very expensive compared to the competition...people out there have issues with designs! Roll Eyes Grin

My KRK's were reasonably priced,only because a new line came out,& these old ones were reduced to move out the door.

Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 12:48:59 PM »

I've been using my KRK Rokit 5's for quite a while now (black with the standard yellow speaker). I really like them.

Monitors should not colour the sound too much - aside from that I'd argue that their look is dependend on what the studio owner wants them to look and what fits the studio. I don't think looks distract too much when listening. You might even argue that in a colourful environment with lights and stuff normal black monitors could be distracting.

Still, you're quite right in that this colour is horrible to watch! Cheesy

Also known as Marc JXP
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 01:31:44 PM »

I can't help thinking that these are not designed for serious musicians but for 14 year-old gonna-be-famous kids who's dads have more money than sense Huh

Then again, maybe I'm just getting old and crusty  Wink

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 01:36:10 PM »

Even if they are, they mean KRK can have larger sales which brings the overall price level down and we more serious musicians profit from it as well! Cheesy

Also known as Marc JXP
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: