Kara-Moon Forum
April 29, 2024, 03:45:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The AKG K240 MK II  (Read 9848 times)
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« on: September 17, 2008, 06:48:14 PM »

I've just recieved my brand new headphones: an AKG K 240 MK II

I finally decided to give this one a go. So here are my first impressions after using a Sennheiser HD580.

Sound:
Very clear headset! I thought my HD580 was good... but the AKG is brilliant. The mid's are much more present on the AKG. When comparing the AKG to the Sennheiser, the AKG seems much more neutral than the Sennheiser.

Comfort:
The AKG comes with 2 different earcaps: the plastic version with were mounted, and the fabric version which feel softer. I'm using the fabric version because the feel softer. The headset is very light, but the vertical horizontal pressure on the ears is greater than the Sennheiser's resulting in less carrying comfort.

Conclusion: Better sound quality and a bit less wearing comfort for a very decent price. I do recommend this one very highly except when you have the cash to buy a Sennheiser HD600 (which is more than the double of the price of the AKG 240 MKII).

Moon
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 11:12:15 PM »

I've always admired AKG products & even though I don't have too much use for headphones in general,I still need a decent pair for when I do vocals,or when I absolutely need to stay up late to finish laying down an idea onto my sequencer....I'll definately check this pair of headphones out. Cool

Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 08:34:42 AM »

Congratulations on a going with a music industry standard!
Besides being a good monitor, the AKG 240 series is the one most professionals have used in the studio for  three decades, so you have a reliable point of reference as you listen. Remember to go light on the bass response if you are mixing/mastering with the AKGs - the bass will be more pronounced when played back on speakers.
The K240 DF has been my choice for the last 10 years, and recently a set of K240 headphones were added to the family. Solid performers.

rharv
Use in Moderation
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

Glad to be here

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 10:50:57 AM »

My K240S set has been reliable for years.
 Always in my recording bag. (The bag I take to every recording gig).

Very happy you like your new set.

Make your sound your own!

http://www.motagator.net/bands/556/
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 06:10:02 PM »

And my ears and head are getting used to this set very easily. This is a fine headset which is very recommendable indeed. Thanks for the earlier advice on this one, I don't regret getting this one !  Smiley

Moon
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 07:25:07 PM »

Hmmm. Maybe we should form the AKG club Grin

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
rharv
Use in Moderation
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

Glad to be here

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 11:32:52 PM »

What I find especially impressive with the K240S set is the detail.  I can hear audio edits very clearly with them.  Any little tick will be obvious.  Very nice for editing and track work.  Also doesn't confine my head like a totally closed set would. There's some air there.

Make your sound your own!

http://www.motagator.net/bands/556/
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 01:12:50 AM »

Guess what my headphones are... Smiley AKG K240DF.

Also known as Marc JXP
Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 08:20:25 AM »

Guess what my headphones are... Smiley AKG K240DF.
...no surprise, really Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: