Kara-Moon Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:04:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Plans for a Kurzweil PC3 61-note..under way..  (Read 4535 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: September 27, 2008, 12:01:13 AM »

I had contacted Dave Weiser of Kurzweil a couple of days ago,outlining my concerns about the pre-mature release of the PC3 series and all of the inherent problems because of it and how it made me lean towards getting the Korg M50.

Dave was kind enough to take the time & explain to me in great,candid detail,everything that was going on in the forum & everything he had to do to contain & reslove,all of the existing tech issues(as they were).

He had said that all of the OS problems-as well as other issues,were eradicated within the first 300 models released,& that with the software updates,the PC3 series is not only functioning well,but their are also advances in features & functionality that has exceeds the original specs. Cheesy

Since the price if the 76 note version is 2 grand at Zzounds.com,I am very excited about what the price tag would be for a 61 note version.

I was also thinking about what Moon had written about how hardware synth sounds are better than softsynth ones in general,& also that there's zero risk involved in buying hardware,because not only is hardware more stable,but it is also refundable,if I don't like the product.

I know I must seem like a complete flake by now,being so ambivalent & allowing myself to be pulled in either direction all the time,but at this particular juncture,I have to sit on my hands before for I make a move,to see what develops with Kurzweil in the future.
I'm still going to demo the Korg M50 for myself & I still want one,but I cannot have both and ultimately,I think that the PC3 will spare me all of the expenses of additional pc accessories I may have to invest in,just to get all the sounds & functions of a Kurzweil.
I wish I had a bigger studio,because both the M50 & PC3 are fantastic keyboards for what they are...hmmm...maybe someday I'll get both keyboards & put one of them in my living room. Undecided Grin

Thom

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 07:12:35 PM »

Thom, since you own a Triton, I don't think that the M50 will be your best option. Do note that there exist a Karma software version for the Triton. It's my idea that getting the Kurzweil next to your Triton and Karma software will give you a broader set of features... Just a thought off coarse...

Moon
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 12:39:44 AM »

Moon,

Your absolutely correct in your advice,as I have been thinking along the same lines...it's really the most sensible thing to do.In the interim,I'll have to bite my nails in anticipation of the new PC3 61-key & maybe get the Karma software for the Triton to keep me occupied! Grin

-Thom

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 09:38:33 AM »

That Karma software will certainly keep you busy for quiet some time. Looks like a great upgrade path for you studio. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun..

Moon

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: