Kara-Moon Forum
April 29, 2024, 04:10:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Dream Killers  (Read 10338 times)
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« on: January 02, 2009, 04:32:28 PM »

This is the song which conludes 2008 for me. It's been a very fruitful year for me in terms of writing music and I made some significant progress in my mixing and mastering skills. On a personal level it's been an annoying year with lots of negative aspects especially where my work was concerned which had a bad influence on my private life as well. So I have mixed feelings about 2008.

However now it's time to look ahead and make things work in 2009
And don't let the dream killers tell you otherwise.

http://www.martin-e-music.nl/mp3/Dream%20Killers.mp3

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 07:16:08 PM »

Another song faithful to your style and, as we are used from you, of excellent quality  Cool

I"m sorry to hear that you had some disappointments on a personal level  Embarrassed I suppose that"s how live is, I've found a solution to this, no matter the problem, I always find a positive approach to it. And if I don't find it, my lady will do  Cool

Best wishes for 2009 from KaaZ

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 10:59:22 PM »

Thanks, Kara. Best wishes to you as well.
Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 11:39:33 PM »

Lovely song Martin, and appropriate for launching a new year.

I have come to expect this level of professionalism from you,
and always enjoy your work.

You really have come a long way, and the tutorial you posted
helped me a lot as well. I still remember.

Thanks..and a good year to you.

Cool

Wyatt

Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 04:14:54 PM »

Thanks Wyatt. Glad you enjoyed it.

I'm still on the fence for a follow up on the tutorial but at the moment I just can't find the time to do it.
That mix of the song in the tutorial was a pretty clean one, maybe even cleaner than what I'm producing now. I should reread it myself  Grin
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 04:31:36 PM »

Great message in a song, Martin!!  Love the ending...nice build and nice MLK touch. Actually, the song has several nice color (there's that word again!!) touches in the right spots. And that drummer of yours finally found a good beat  Cheesy Cheesy   The vocals are well done as usuall and a perfect fit volume wise for my ears.

Nice way to start off the new year for all of us. Appreciated, Martin.  Cool

Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 09:19:50 PM »

Great message in a song, Martin!!  Love the ending...nice build and nice MLK touch.
Nice way to start off the new year for all of us. Appreciated, Martin.  Cool

Thanks, Fred. I usually rummage around the internet looking for songsubjects. At first the song was called "Seal your fate" Then I stumbled on a few sites dealing with the subject of Dream Killers which immediately set of a spark and I finished and changed the lyrics accordingly. Google is your friend Grin

When the song was almost finished I got the idea of using a voice in the background of the last repeated chorus. Initially I didn't think of MLK but when the song title changed to Dream Killers; one and one became one so to speak. Grin

And that drummer of yours finally found a good beat  Cheesy Cheesy

Yeah, I thought it was about time for a good old 6/8 meter again. It had been a while. I did manage to throw in a bit of variation in the verses.
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 10:29:30 PM »

Martin, another superb winner  wOO

Loved it

I really like the lyrics, super job there.  Your vox is very strong and your instrumentation is outstanding, as is your production skills

The ending is outstanding, I really liked that wOO

You have raised the bar again!

The older I get the better I was!
Talvin

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 10:50:30 PM »

Hi Martin!

You know I really like your music and this one is another great tune and definitely better than your last song, at least to my personal taste. Ever thought of some variation in the chorus? I like strings as well but there is nothing suprising going on in the chorus until the nice vocal adds at the end of the song. But again this might be a matter of taste.

As for your personal situation...good luck and all the best to you in 2009. I hope you're better soon and I'm sure your music will even get better. I think artists are at their best when they are suffering...you must fall to climb up the ladder again.
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 11:52:31 AM »

Thanks Mario and Talvin. Glad you like it.

Hi Martin!

Ever thought of some variation in the chorus? I like strings as well but there is nothing suprising going on in the chorus until the nice vocal adds at the end of the song. But again this might be a matter of taste.

Yes, I did think about it. Didn't come up with anything suitable apart from the vocal adds in the last chorus. It's a very fixed vocal melody in the chorus and also the part which carries the tune. So there's not a lot you can do there. When you add too much it will take the attention away from the main part. At least that's how I look at it now. I could be wrong. Maybe some variation in the strings could do the trick.

... you must fall to climb up the ladder again.

I'd rather not fall too deep however.  Cheesy Grin
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 05:55:46 PM »

Recognised your 'trademark' sound instantly.
Lots of detail and some very rich sounds. A good song, well produced.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 08:46:23 AM »

Thanks, Folderol
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 10:34:08 AM »

My best wishes for a great 2009 (a bit late...  Roll Eyes )
This is a nice song with catchy melodies and a very strong vocal line. I like that
Although a new track, this one sounds like an highlight from your music zone

Cheers
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 02:58:56 PM »

Thanks, Laguna and best wishes for you as well.
magmavander
Frenchy but chic
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 06:31:27 PM »

Hi Martin, I'm two month late sorry  Grin
I liked this one a lot, I enjoyed the 'symphonic' touch' with a great brass and string mellotronic synth (Am I right ?). All sounds very good but this is not a surprise  Roll Eyes
I like how you chorused your vocals by adding more than one vocal track. While listening it cames to my mind an idea : I'm pretty sure that a duet with a woman (or a girl) would be very interesting here.
Also I think that you should 'shout' a little more while singing sometime.
I liked the break with the tiny synth. Great stuff!!

Thanks

mag

Frenchy but chic
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: