Kara-Moon Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:32:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No more Internet Explorer......  (Read 5839 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: January 24, 2009, 05:05:04 PM »

After having downloaded Internet Explorer 8 Beta-in an attempt to eliminate my Windows Vista problems,I realized that I will never be free from the technical catastrophies of Microsoft,unless I remove Microsoft from the picture altogether.
So I then downloaded the latest version of Mozilla Firefox,but now I have new problems(& I know it's due to the fact that I don't know how to use Mozilla),which are that once I visit a new page,I can never go back to the previous page,unless I re-type the address all over again.

Also,I cannot view YouTube videos,until I download the Adobe Flash Player,but I cannot install the Adobe player until I shut down the Mozilla program.
However though,the Adobe download is only stored in a temporary Mozilla folder,so the Adobe folder does not exist outside of the Mozilla program,so therefore,I cannot install the Adobe player either way.

If there is some learning resource for Mozilla,such as a tutorial DVD ROM...I would buy it happily and I don't care what the cost of it would be,because I don't want to spend years of my life going through some computer technical school...I just want to surf the internet,period.

This is another one of those times where technology is completely overwhelming me & I can't seem to keep up and my hands are really going to be full with just trying to get my head around the Reason 4 software,of which I am really terrified of! Shocked

At this point,there is no going back to Microsoft,because their bullshit will never change,& I MUST LEARN the Mozilla platform...whatever it takes for me to learn,I will meet it head on.

-Thom

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 05:18:04 PM »

This is very strange.

On the top left (just under the word File) you should have a green left pointing arrow. Clicking on that should go back one page.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 06:11:13 PM »

Huh
Also, under Bookmarks > Mozilla Firefox > there should be one called Help &Tutorials.

I've used Firefox for years now and always found it very intuitive. Never had to learn it, it just works!
 Wink
James

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 06:28:28 PM »

It is probably more a problem of Vista then Mozilla
Since I don't have Vista, I'm afraid I won't be able to help you here, sorry  Embarrassed

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 11:52:10 PM »

I suppose that Vista could possibly be interfering with Mozilla...but I don't see how though.

I also suppose that Mozilla is indeed,intuitive....but I've been using Internet Explorer for years,so I guess that is my biggest problem right now.
I'll just have to roll up my sleeves,dig deep & apply myself until I make some headway with it.

Thanks for the replies. Cool

-Thom

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 08:45:02 AM »

Also,I cannot view YouTube videos,until I download the Adobe Flash Player,but I cannot install the Adobe player until I shut down the Mozilla program.
However though,the Adobe download is only stored in a temporary Mozilla folder,so the Adobe folder does not exist outside of the Mozilla program,so therefore,I cannot install the Adobe player either way.

Thom, after downloading the Adobe Flash Player, you double click on it to install it. The installation program will complain it can't install it since Mozilla is still open. Leave the message there, close Mozilla and the download window. After that, you can resume the installation process (retry button).

What you also can do: in the download window from Mozilla, you right click on the file and choose the option 'open folder'. You now have the installation file in an normal way, meaning you can close all the Mozilla windows and than double click the installation file without having Mozilla open.

Hopes this helps...

P.S.: Stay away from Microsoft Beta versions... all new production versions of IE are nightmares even after the beta phase and it takes several patches before the become stable. So far I never had problems with Mozilla Firefox which is the safest bet...
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 04:28:19 PM »

Thanks alot for the tips Moon-much appreciated!

-Thom

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 12:34:14 AM »

Thom..

..what Moon said=  +1.

I am sorry you are having these kind of probs..I bought my own CD of XP so I wouldn't have to deal with Vista.

I hope you will get the help you need to get straightened out. Take it one step at a time.

My three rules of surviving a DAW:

1) Learn to fix the thing that is going wrong now. (repeat as needed)

2) Learn to do the next thing you want to be able to do with it. (repeat as needed)

3) Once your setup is finally working properly, then leave it alone.

Hang in there. It gets better

Cool

Wyatt

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: