Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:48:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: M-AUDIO STUDIOPHILE CX5'S!!  (Read 11073 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: April 02, 2009, 08:43:09 PM »

I've been immersed in a listening test with the CX5's for 3 straight hours now(still in progress) & I am in a state of shellshock right now & I'm having an almost out of body experience...and I had my suspicions about the quality of these speakers,but these monitors are soo much more than I imagined-holy f**king sh*t!!
As soon as I unwrapped these speakers,& marveled at their immense weight,size & the hard & contoured rubber baffle,I knew I was in for a treat!
The craftsmanship of these monitors from top to bottom are incredible....& as for performance..well...why buy Adams or Genelecs,when you can have this level of performance for a fraction of the price?!
Allow me to indulge & entice you....
The bass output is nothing short of a sonic hurricane for a driver of this size...as a matter of fact,these monitors have the bass performance of a pair of 8 inch monitors and the best part is,is that the bass is punchy,full,lush & it just surrounds you with so much warmth!
The mid & high frequencies are immaculately balanced,as well as being very clean,& meticulously detailed!
In fact,these monitors sound every bit as accurate as my Adam A7's....all the most subtle nuances are presented to you in your face....the most delicate reverb trails,phase shifting,modulations & such,as well as every nuance of any instrument,are all articulated so very well!
The stereo imaging is so very impressive,that when you step into the CX5's rather wide sweet spot,you would swear that you just put on a very expensive pair of headphones-it's really that amazing!!
I honestly never thought that this level of performance would be possible at this price point and in fact,these monitors are worth every red cent of the $600 that I paid for them and mark my words....no truer words were every spoken-this is the real deal of the millenium folks!! wOO

My advice to anyone who wants to upgrade.....do whatever you need to do to save the $600 bucks and
buy these monitors as if your life depended on it!!

YAHOO!!!!!!!

-Thom

* Studiophile CX5's 001.JPG (1797.02 KB, 1728x2304 - viewed 1054 times.)

* Studiophile CX5's 004.JPG (1642.78 KB, 1728x2304 - viewed 1061 times.)

Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 10:46:52 PM »

Now I'm excited, very excited... and I generally prefer old gear... Shocked

You have a big future in sales, Thom, should you ever put your hand to it. Cool review... Afro

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 02:27:50 AM »

Oren,

If a SamAsh or a GuitarCenter store were to open up down the street from me in the future,I just may possibly consider working part time again in sales...one never knows. Cool

Thanks for the praise on my review-much appreciated! Cheesy

-Thom     

P.S.....I hope that you one day, you acquire the  necessary funds to pick up a pair of these honey's,because I know that-you of all people,would really appreciate what these monitors can do & they'd fit you like a glove for what you do in your studio! Wink Cheesy

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 11:00:17 AM »

Thanks for this review Thom  Cool

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 03:09:26 PM »

If a SamAsh or a GuitarCenter store were to open up down the street from me in the future,I just may possibly consider working part time again in sales...one never knows. Cool

Did you take the photos?

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 11:05:41 PM »

Yes Sir,sure did. Cool

Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 12:03:07 AM »

Yes Sir,sure did. Cool

Great angles, nicely framed, premium colour values. I thought they were company promo shots...  Shocked  Schweet!

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 12:14:45 AM »

After alot of trial & error,I finally managed a couple of decent pics. Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: