Kara-Moon Forum
April 29, 2024, 01:25:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Midi Controller Quest  (Read 4834 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: February 14, 2009, 12:13:37 AM »

During my visit at a SamAsh music store,I wandered into the computer room to get a feel for the M-Audio Axiom 49 controller & upon tinkering with the key-bed,I was disgusted at how flimsy & lifeless the key action is on this board! Tongue Roll Eyes
I realize now that you do get what you pay for in a midi controller,& I've reached the conclusion that if I am to spend any less than $400 on a compact controller,I will not get the key action i am looking for.
When one is choosing the ideal hardware workstation keyboard,sounds & sequencer quality is the primary objective,since key-beds are not inter-changeable,so in order to get the workstation you want,you have to compromise....but since I have many choices in the computer arena,key action quality is equally as important as any other key feature in a controller.
That being said,I am throwing my budgetary concerns to the wind,as I will spend whatever is necessary to obtain the quality of key action I seek(in a 49 key).
Since there is no store in my area that has all the midi controllers on display that I need to demo,I most likely will have to make my choice online & I'll have to be prepared to return possibly several different brands of controllers until I get the right one.
Right now,I am considering the Akai MPK49,the Novation Remote SL49 & the new M-Audio Axiom Pro49.
If anyone here has-or will have in the future,any experiences with these said controllers at some point,I would appreciate it if you could share your impressions of these controllers with me.

Thanks,

-Thom

Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 03:39:58 AM »

I hope you find something you like. That's why I sold my CME 88-key and bought a Yamaha S90ES for stage and my main controller. I've always been a korg guy, but I have never remorsed that purchase. I love the feel of that board!

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 03:58:19 AM »

It's been hard to find any reviews whatsoever on those CME controllers...and the reviews I do find on them are horrible! Tongue
That being said,I had never even considered a CME controller....although I do fancy the one particular CME controller that is made out of aluminum! Evil Grin

-Thom

Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 07:43:00 PM »

Thom, yeah don't. CME has great ideas and the products are über promising, but they can't seem to get everything to work right. And their product support is the worst on the planet.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: