Kara-Moon Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:28:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An interesting story about the Korg Oasys....  (Read 3561 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: February 17, 2009, 12:07:22 AM »

When I had wandered into my local GuitarCenter to check out the action of the M-Audio Axiom Pro,I fidgeted with the Korg Oasys that was on display(only retailer to do so),& there was a clearance sign on top of the board that read; $5,000(for an 88-key!).
Of course,I naturally assumed that the clearance price was for the display model,so I asked a salesman about it,because I was unhappy with the fact that this keyboard had been on display for years & the joy-stick was broken on it.
The salesman's response to my concerns,was that if there was a new Oasys 88-key left in stock,that he would honor the clearance price.....imagine that,a Korg Oasys for 5 grand!!
As it turned out,the display model was all that was left & GuitarCenter was no longer carrying the Oasys,period. Cry
I'm not too broken up about it though,because I would  have had no choice but to trade in my Korg Triton Extreme,just to make a down payment on it....which also would have meant that I would have to exclude my plans for buying any computer gear.....it's nice to dream though. Cheesy

-Thom

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 07:18:40 PM »

I know what you mean Thom. I had the change buying an Oasys-76 at 3000 euros (used one). I still regret somethings I didn't got it. On the other hand, I have so mush fun with my M3 combined with the Virus and soft synths. The Oasys is great... but still one device. Me, I'm happy to find inspiration from complementary products? so I'll stick a while with the M3 and from time to time dream of the mighty Oasys....  Wink

Moon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: