Kara-Moon Forum
April 29, 2024, 05:47:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New track: Under the Covers  (Read 4427 times)
Frederik

« on: February 02, 2009, 11:04:38 AM »

More downtempo this time.

Hope you'll enjoy nevertheless Wink

All comments and suggestions appreciated!

Frederik

Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 07:13:58 PM »

Hi Frederik
I got an interesting laid-back feel from this song. This is well structured and I like the smooth transation between different sections, You did a good job with arrangement. Great singing, your voice always  sounds at ease

Cheers

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 07:32:06 PM »

Fred,

This song does indeed,have a sweet mellow quality to it,but I'm afraid that I don't agree with L.R. on the smooth transitions(in terms of timing)...meaning that the drum track in contrast to the rest of the song is a bit out of sync...particularly noticeable in the area between 1:22 - 1:37 .The choppiness is quite evident in this area & it disrupts the flow a bit.

I really like the style of your singing,but each time your voice slopes down & becomes soft,it's very difficult to make out the lyrics,because the volumes changes tend to be extreme in your voice.

Otherwise though,a very enjoyable song. Cool

-Thom

Frederik

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 08:25:25 PM »

Thanks for checking it out!

Thom: guess you're right about the timing; I first recorded the basic guitar and singing track without drums or metronome-click track, and afterwards played the drums to go with it midi-wise. I already did some edtiting to make them go together more smooth, but apparently there is still some work to be done.

I'll see what I can do about the vocals to get them more consistent volume wise (I already compressed them a bit).

fred
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 01:59:30 PM »

Hi Frederik,

I really like this song and I do believe it has a lot of potential.

Having said that I get the same reaction as Thom.  Even out that choppy section and try to get a more uniform vocal volume by either equalizing the singing volumes by moving closer to the mic during the slopes, adding more compression, adding a limiter or all three.  Some EQ might help also, don’t know.

I like your style here.  This is a very good song and it is definitely worth the effort to polish it up.

The older I get the better I was!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: