Kara-Moon Forum
April 29, 2024, 04:44:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Revisiting an old friend....  (Read 3241 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: March 13, 2009, 08:18:33 PM »

I am a previous owner of the old Samson Resolv 50a monitors..which I still think to this day,are the best out their for under $300,but since they were my first pair of bi-amped monitors,I had decided to upgrade eventually,since I'd become more serious about recording,so I had sold them.
Recently,I saw the Samson Resolv 65a's for $179 which is an absolute steal,so I decided to purchase them to upgrade from my Alesis M1 520's that were in my home theatre set up.
I have been very unhappy with my Alesis monitors,because the amps were noisy & did not provide much volume and those had cost me $199.......so when I saw the Samson 65a's for $20 cheaper,I jumped on them!
In terms of mixing in a studio environment,the 65a's would fair pretty well for this purpose,as long as the user bears in mind,that the tweeters are excessively bright(which is common with titanium dome tweeters in this price range).
I've discovered that-unlike my old 50a's,the 65a's have a mid-frequency contour control,which is handy to have for any application.
I have also noticed a small change in desgin with regard to the tweeter,since I had my initial pair of the old Resolvs.
The old tweeter cover design,incorporated a small tweeter protector that resembled a black eye patch-of which I never liked,but my recent pair of the old series Resolvs have a mesh screen over the tweeter,which I am very pleased with. Cheesy
For a movie viewing application,the Resolv 65a's are amazing for the price,& are alot of fun,as they round out my home theatre beautifully! Cool

-Thom

* Samson Resolv 65a (rotated).jpg (1745.76 KB, 1728x2304 - viewed 680 times.)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: