Kara-Moon Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:02:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: M-Audio Q40 headphones  (Read 4404 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: March 11, 2009, 10:30:42 PM »

I finally decided to step up to a pair of semi-professional headphones,so these being my first pair of studio grade earphones,I don't have a basis for comparison to other similarly priced headphones...but these are my impressions in contrast to my pair of Samson CH70 earphones(which were only $25 new). Tongue

I had no clue how to shop for headphones,but the Q40's are well reviewed performance-wise,with a frequency range of 10Hz to 20kHz.I also like the detachable & replaceable cord & the compact folding design.
They are also a very sharp looking pair of ear monitors & choosing the same brand as my pc speakers seemed like the logical choice mix-wise.
The Q40's seem to give off the same audio characteristics as the M-Audio BX8a's....the bass range is deep & the mid & high range is moderate & comfortable & very detailed. Cool

The only thing negative that I have read about these earphones,is the reviews that I had found on the M-Audio website forum...in regard to the cord.
Apparently,the cord is very feeble & it does not hold up well at all and several people have attested to this,but I find it very odd though,because I've had my $25 Samson headphones for a few months now & they have held up very well......I just don't see how a pair of $150 headphones could be manufactured so haphazardly. Huh
M-Audio will replace the cord if need be & the worst case scenario,is that I would have shop for a 1/8" mini plug cord elsewhere(without the threaded end).
The Q40's are bit heavy,but a sturdy feel is good.They become a bit uncomfortable after about 2 hours of use,but perhaps that's due to my rather large cranium. Grin

At this point in time,I feel that the Q40's are a sound investment.

-Thom

* M-Audio Q40's 002.JPG (1608.15 KB, 2304x1728 - viewed 815 times.)

* M-Audio Q40's 003.JPG (1636.09 KB, 2304x1728 - viewed 795 times.)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 10:35:14 PM by elwoodblues1969 » Logged

Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 07:35:51 PM »

Nice, Thom.
The more mastering I do, the more I like a good set of headphones.
 Incidentally, I just heard a wonderfully produced CD - very rich, detailed sound - mastered on a laptop with a pair of earbuds. Shocked

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: