Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:32:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zoom R16  (Read 5483 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: April 01, 2009, 01:13:37 AM »

Ahhh....it's springtime & my gear lust is in full swing & with that I invite you to bear witness to the new Zoom R16 8-track........however though,it's not just a multi-track recorder,as it's also an
interface & DAW controller
Since the R16 is centered around computers,it's no surprise to me that the R16 does not include a built in hard drive...however though,it does include a SD card slot for storage apart from one's pc.Unlike it's predecessor(8HD),the R16 offers 24 bit,48kHz recording quality & 16 playback tracks.
It seems to me that the color white is a growing trend in gear these days,almost as if the design objective is to color coordinate with Mac pc's....hmmmm. Huh Grin
It's a relatively sharp looking piece of gear anyway & the USB power & battery operation is a definite plus.
The projected price tag will be in the neighborhood of $399,which is also another attractive feature of this product. Cool

http://musicianstools.wordpress.com/2009/01/26/zoom-r16-coming-soon/

Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 02:33:20 AM »

Ahhh....it's springtime & my gear lust is in full swing & with that I invite you to bear witness to the new Zoom R16 8-track........however though,it's not just a multi-track recorder,as it's also an interface & DAW controller...

Looks terrific, there, Thom!

It will be interesting to see if it works with our music-specific Linux operating systems... Grin

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 03:23:44 PM »

Oren,

According to the article in the link,the Zoom R16 supports Windows XP/Vista & Mac only,but perhaps that could change down the road....I really have no way to even speculate,because I know zero about Linux systems. Huh

-Thom

Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 06:42:40 PM »

Oren,
According to the article in the link,the Zoom R16 supports Windows XP/Vista & Mac only,but perhaps that could change down the road....I really have no way to even speculate,because I know zero about Linux systems. Huh
-Thom

Well, let's see... um, you know they sound good  Cheesy  wOO

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: