Kara-Moon Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:22:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41
  Print  
Author Topic: Beer & Nuts....  (Read 338173 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #255 on: December 11, 2007, 08:27:49 PM »

Hmmm. It seems the England football team is going to have a new Italian coach who calls a spade a spade, and doesn't pander to prima-donna player 'stars'.

This could be an interesting year or two Cheesy

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Ed

« Reply #256 on: December 21, 2007, 08:36:33 PM »

happy holidays, merry and joseph, free drinks and a good night to all my old mates here

cheerzzzz....
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #257 on: December 21, 2007, 08:40:26 PM »

yeah hollidays & free drinks & parties  Grin Cool

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
deaf dunderkwac

« Reply #258 on: December 22, 2007, 03:20:13 AM »

...if I were still working I'd be on vacation about now...
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #259 on: December 22, 2007, 03:55:40 PM »

on vacation until next thursday... Undecided
not bad  Wink

Cheers
Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #260 on: December 23, 2007, 04:43:08 PM »

OK..so I am trying to learn how to type all over again on this laptop..not enough light in here apparently..don't know why I never noticed that before..

..anyway a short tale..a few months ago, I happen on some nice looking stainless steel containers shaped just like a shot glass..and since I didn't own a shot glass any longer, and since I tuck the occasional bottle of Bombay Sapphire into the freezer, I decided to buy them. [you would recognize these..restuarants often serve salad dressing, tartar sauce, or ketchup in them]

..so anyway..the other day..just for the heck of it, I measured them, and much to my surprise I found that rather than holding the 1 oz I had assumed..they actually hold three ounces.

Now that explains a LOT of things..    Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Wyatt

Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #261 on: December 23, 2007, 04:55:18 PM »

@Wyatt :  Grin LOL  Grin
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #262 on: December 24, 2007, 10:10:40 PM »

Well, lately my life has become 'interesting' (and expensive too).

First of all half my own website disappeared (it's still not back although I can access it directly via FTP), then I lost all 'net access.

'Extended' calls to my ISP and my Line provider sort of got flaky results, with each blaming the other. They first both tried to say it was my end, but had to admit that was unlikely when the ordinary phone works perfectly, and I had swapped in a replacement router and microfilter.

At work on Friday, I was informed that a part we have already been waiting several weeks for will not now be available until the middle of January. This means one of our jobs comes to a dead halt. I hasten to add that I had to make calls to the supplier, then the supplier's supplier. Nobody had bothered to let anyone know there was a problem.

Saturday, taking a break from all of this I went down a narrow country lane, as a sort of short cut to one of my chillout places, only I never got there. As I reached a bend on the steepest part, I lost all traction to a patch of oil rather than ice. This was also at just about the only part where the bank is not straight sided but curves up from the road. The result was that the car was slowly but firmly rolled over onto it's side.

Because of the timing, the car can't be assessed for repairs until 2nd January, and until the insurers agree the estimate and authorise the work I don't get a courtesy car.

I was afraid I was going to have to cancel all my Christmas arrangements, but the one good bit of news is that I was finally able to get a hire car ... at 5:30 this evening!

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
deaf dunderkwac

« Reply #263 on: December 24, 2007, 10:59:09 PM »

seems you could use some of Wyatt's "one ounce" glasses about now...

Take care, as life can always go worse, so just hope for the better.

and don't forget to blame it all on someone else!!!!!!111!!!!
Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #264 on: December 25, 2007, 03:41:23 AM »

Haha..that's exactly what I was going to suggest..nothing like a half a dozen three ounce shots to give you a whole new perspective!!

Merry Christmas, y'all.

Wyatt

PS..ddw..where is your rolling stock parked, right about now??

deaf dunderkwac

« Reply #265 on: December 25, 2007, 09:42:38 AM »

been hanging here, waiting for parts to come in for a couple of months.

Not a bad place to hang, if you like rain forests and ocean views (and whales and seals and crabs and deer and elk and thank goodness the bears are hibernating)

In August I was stranded in Omaha... no comparison.

* here I am!.gif (38.68 KB, 306x204 - viewed 545 times.)

* here I am again.gif (152.93 KB, 500x393 - viewed 537 times.)
Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #266 on: December 25, 2007, 12:31:38 PM »

Cool Def,

..I have trod a lot of footprints not far from where you are..waiting on parts..bummer..nice part of the world to hang out in, anyway.

..I spent quite a few years vagabonding in various contraptions..covered a lot of territory..

..used to go hide out at the seaside every so often..just N. of Astoria..not that long ago..

Wyatt

PS..Here's one for you..this was from another chapter..on another coast:

deaf dunderkwac

« Reply #267 on: December 25, 2007, 01:14:45 PM »

-much respect for living on a cat. Vaga-wandering suits me fine.

funnie about me, as much as I like the ocean I hate being on a boat in a choppy sea. And as you know the sea gets mighty choppy.

Today I was watching 6-20' waves crashing against the rocks at Harrison Beach

About the most 'rocking' I can stand is the truck parked in 40mph gusts with the jacks up.
The nice part about being on land is I can always lower the jacks (from inside the truck lol)

-The truck runs fine, but the carb is grumpy and the throttle plate is almost worn out. Gas mileage is well below 10mpg! Can't get a bushing kit for it anymore so I had to get a new carburetor which I'm installing sometime this week.
When the heck did these things get so expensive? Last carb I bought was less then $100 about 10 years ago. This one was $500.

But one trip to SoCal pays for the repairs... plus some.
Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #268 on: December 25, 2007, 01:38:43 PM »

-much respect for living on a cat. Vaga-wandering suits me fine.

My lady and I built it and lived on it..sailed it all the way around Florida.

funnie about me, as much as I like the ocean I hate being on a boat in a choppy sea. And as you know the sea gets mighty choppy.

Yes..unfortunately I know..it can be a real terror sometimes.
About the most 'rocking' I can stand is the truck parked in 40mph gusts with the jacks up.
The nice part about being on land is I can always lower the jacks (from inside the truck lol)

I got used to it..there is a stage where you get seasick when you get on land! ..that's right..get on land and all of a sudden everything is moving. What I loved about it the most was poking around in the dinghy..exploring..

..the life was tough on my lady so I sold the boat..no complaint there..I got the better end of that deal.  Smiley

-The truck runs fine, but the carb is grumpy and the throttle plate is almost worn out. Gas mileage is well below 10mpg! Can't get a bushing kit for it anymore so I had to get a new carburetor which I'm installing sometime this week.
When the heck did these things get so expensive? Last carb I bought was less then $100 about 10 years ago. This one was $500.

Yikes!!..they are nailing me every time I get something for my truck..sucker cost me a grand last month..heck of a reason to hang onto it, eh??  Smiley)

..it's not that there is no inflation..it's just that nobody cares anymore..aint television wonderful?

You headed south when you're fixed up?  If I were still at it, I would be looking for a deal on a building lot down where they had the fires..put a house on it, and finance a few more years.

Wyatt

TheBellows

« Reply #269 on: December 25, 2007, 03:36:28 PM »

Wow, thats a boat!  Shocked
You should take it over here and I'll show you the fjords of Norway...oh you sold it...well, build a new one  Tongue

I know that feeling when you get on land and things won't stop moving. It's quite unpleasant Lips Sealed

Ragnar
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 03:42:21 PM by TheBellows » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41
  Print  

Jump to: