Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:14:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41
  Print  
Author Topic: Beer & Nuts....  (Read 336273 times)
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2007, 01:01:38 AM »

Fred has gone to the darkside....goderator

I hear ya Ed Roll Eyes  Hope he is a wise and just goderator we will. That this position of power and authority goes to his head and the power of the dark side consumes him will not.

Neleke
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2007, 09:15:02 PM »

Hi all,

Am I the only female here?

You can all start by buying me a drink Grin

Neleke
Ed

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2007, 09:32:13 PM »

Hi all,

Am I the only female here?

You can all start by buying me a drink Grin

Neleke

oh hey, drinks are always on the house for ladies
Ed

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2007, 09:33:56 PM »

but if ya don't want any special treatment, Fred's buyin...hes the one with the big promotion
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2007, 09:41:04 PM »

Fred's buyin...hes the one with the big promotion
I guess its only fair that I buy. Well I'm at it, you can add one to the tab for getting that gig at the Canadian Comedy Club. Congrats, btw!!

And welcome Neleke!!!  Send me the tab  Wink
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 10:01:13 PM by Fred S » Logged

one

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2007, 05:14:15 AM »

Hey Neleke

how ya doin?

1 Smiley

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2007, 08:11:28 AM »

Hello Neleke & Welcome here,

Now, if everybody buys here a drink she will be very drunk  Grin

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2007, 11:14:25 PM »

I was gonna post this in the Hardware section, but there is no "new post" option there currently.

So its here...LP Studio. Classic white with nickel.  Made a deal with the local GC for the lowest price I found on the net and no tax.

I wasn't sure if it would have an ebony or rosewood board as the the manufacturer info said ebony, but the corresponding picture was clearly rosewood. Well, it turns out its Ebony. Sans all the playing/bending important stuff, It works very well aesthetically. Very pretty guitar. I was extremely tempted to bring it straight home and play with it, but I stuck to the original plan, and took it straight to Lucifer (luthier). He said its pretty good overall, but definitely needs some adjustment. $64.95, but at this point 7 to 10 days seems the real price.

Then lucifer threw me a curve..."you know we set these up specifically to the size of the strings you use". "So what do you want us to put on here"? Oh crap, I don't know. Got any magic ones? The ones on here now are just as lousy as the ones I played on 20 years ago Roll Eyes  So, some back and forth, and ended up with Ernie's Balls size 10. I guess some like 11's. But this guy said that for this guitar, 10's were the popular choice.

You know, its gotta be a lot like riding a bicycle, cause I seem to be at the same lousy playing ability I was 20 years ago and haven't played hardly at all during that time. Lessons start Monday....gotta learn proper technique so I can begin teaching my son....gave him the Mexican made Strat.

Anyway, I gotta say I'm pretty happy! Well, except for the wait.

one

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2007, 12:48:26 AM »

Fred

Thinner strings are easier to play...

Not that I can play to well...

1 Smiley

Ed

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2007, 04:33:40 AM »

that sounds great Fred, guitars are magical things when ya get a nice one
unreal prices to me though, somehow I'd pay $200, cause I live in an igloo I guess
anyway I think I got 11's on mine, flat wound
too bad you couldn't see a tech guy string it, I have a friend that does it for me sometimes, I never really mastered the art of re-stringin a guitar,

btw theres a huge snowstorm coming through right now, its big!!! I've had 5ft of snow on my lawn for 2 months....its getting a bit on now

Fred on guitar

Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2007, 07:13:19 PM »

Hi Fred  You sly devil. I see you've made some last minute changes to your team. Had a good score with Davidson and BMW Sauber. Massa cost me some valuable points. Kimi didn't let me down though.

Congrats on the new guitar. Were talking genuine Gibson here?

I haven't been idle either. Bought a twelve string acoustic on the Dutch equivalent of Ebay yesterday  Gonna pick it up tomorrow morning. It's about an hours drive from my home. And guess what; it's another Hagstrom but this time no reissue but the real deal from 1977. These guitars are rated highly for their sound and durability. Been doing some research on Hagstrom guitars ever since I bought the Super Swede. Read about the twelve string Hagstrom B120 and to my surprise, using the search engine, there was one for sale yesterday. Couldn't let it pass me by.

Also congrats on your moderator job, Fred  How much did you bribe Kara for Grin

That's it for now . Have a good race.
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2007, 08:46:09 PM »

Fred on guitar

You know, I may never be any good, but I have motivation at the moment. So what the hell, right?

Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2007, 08:54:28 PM »

Hi Fred  You sly devil. I see you've made some last minute changes to your team. Had a good score with Davidson and BMW Sauber. Massa cost me some valuable points. Kimi didn't let me down though.

Congrats on the new guitar. Were talking genuine Gibson here?

it's another Hagstrom but this time no reissue but the real deal from 1977. These guitars are rated highly for their sound and durability.

Yeah you know, it costs you 10% to change anything, so I really had my doubts after I did it. But maybe it will work out in the end? How did you get Kimi and Massa? Your not that rich Wink Grin

Yeah, I probably mentioned before that I had bought a brand new LP custom when I was a kid (1976) and stupidly sold it. So mainly, just wanted another real LP. The studio is not the top of the heap though. Pretty much a Standard without the binding, so it costs less.

That 12-string sounds awesome. I'll bet she's a real treasure!!!!  I'm not really a guitar player, but just the same, I feel the need for quality equipment. Sounds like you did it right here  Grin

Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2007, 09:14:39 PM »

I'll have to wait for tomorrow and see if it's really quality equipment.  Grin

I don't have Kimi and Massa as drivers.  But I do have Ferrari as an engine. So both drivers supply points for that part.
Which reminds me I still have to send you the rest of the rules  Grin
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2007, 03:18:06 AM »

Hey Martin, I don't think it went so well for me. I guess Coulthard and Wurz didn't know they were teammates Roll Eyes  lol

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41
  Print  

Jump to: