Kara-Moon Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:53:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: foldy's May KVR  (Read 4605 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« on: May 12, 2009, 08:42:47 PM »

Well here is the blurb I put up over there. Please have a hankie to hand Smiley

I was a wee bit miffed about this months theme (mostly cos my entry for last month was 3/4). I thought I'd more-or-less used up this years 3/4-edness so scrabbled around desperately through my bits box searching for inspiration.

I was just about to give up, when I heard a faint rustling from the furthest dark corner of the folder. There I saw a weak, long abandonded melody bravely heave itself up on a minim and a rest, and feebly wave three crotchets in the air. The sight almost brought me to tears as it staggered forward, almost tripping over a pile of accidentals.

What could I do? I had deserted this poor youth many years ago simply becase it had a broken time or two, and had made, perhaps, a poor choice of instrument friends. Well we worked together through the night to fix what was broken, and it soon became clear that I had badly misjudged the little tune, and it really could learn to sing. Once I introduced it to some honest instruments there was just no holding it, and at last it shone and lived up to its name.

So here is A Dream For The Future

* 09_05_Folderol_A_Dream_For_The_Future.ogg (3109.16 KB - downloaded 251 times.)

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 09:23:03 PM »

Cool
You never fail to charm me with your little tunes, young man.

This is yet another of those 'dreamlike' sequences. I particularly like the 'swells' of the background instrument in the middle section.
For those 'over there' contests it's looking as if you are going to be a permanent fixture in my personal top tens.    Kiss

Wink
James

SoundKlops

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 02:22:01 PM »

Hi Will,

how lovely! I realy like your music. You made a great job with this song.

Andreas
Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 02:23:54 PM »

Enchanting!

Makes me feel like  Judy Collins should be singing with this.

Too bad she never had music this nice to sing with.

Cool

Wyatt

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 04:46:03 PM »

Thanks a lot guys. All comments gratefully received!

@James
I get that effect by having a very slow LFO controlling a filter on just that instrument.

@Wyatt
I admit it does have a bit of a 'Sound of Music' flavour, but that's one hell of a compliment you just paid me!

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 02:53:16 PM »

Will, you write some very beautiful music and this another example of that  wOO

Super melody, backing tracks, mix and excellent choice of sounds.

Absolutely top notch all the way 

This is a keeper.

The older I get the better I was!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: