Kara-Moon Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:10:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocean Coast - part 2 (link fixed!)  (Read 21203 times)
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2007, 09:17:30 AM »

Thanks for the info. I suspect that it's something to do with the naming of the files.

Also known as Marc JXP
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2007, 03:13:50 PM »

Hi marc
Nice track indeed
This is like a wheel turning, it has many variations but it keeps turning
it sounds like a soundtrack to free flight on the ocean coast to me

I love the use of acoustic guitar with many notes in counterpart
You put together different sounds and they all work well

Cheers
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2007, 11:46:32 PM »

Thanks, once again also on behalf of Percy! A funny detail: I'm trying to learn to play guitar and the single notes you hear (not the strumming) is me playing a real acoustic guitar. To be honest, I really like the imperfections as it's a nice human counterpoint to the otherwise quite 'electronic' track. In any case, I'm also still experimenting with how to get the best sound and at one moment I thought I'd found a nice setup with the mic properly aligned just above the hole in the guitar, pointing away from it to avoid boomyness. What I didn't realise, though, was that the mic would also pick up me breathing hard while concentrating on hitting the right strings... Cheesy So you can hear me breathing in the first part, along with the guitar play... We left it in because after hearing it a few times we decided that the breathing actually fitted in with the theme of the track. Grin

Still, if in the future an awe struck music researcher in an interview asks then I will definetely claim that it was all meant to sound that way... Wink

Also known as Marc JXP
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2007, 04:53:33 PM »

To be honest, I really like the imperfections as it's a nice human counterpoint to the otherwise quite 'electronic' track

Me too ! I usually play real bass and guitar and mix it with computer Drums and keyboards.
Sometimes I play keyboards live sometimes I lazily quantize it to avoid learning the part... Roll Eyes

Get ready for the midi-madness

Cheers
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2007, 08:09:18 AM »

Cool! I've always loved to combine stuff like live and sequenced, and the sound from several different sound sources. I feel it's easier that way to create an organic sound than when you're using only one sound source.

Having said that - I'm currently working on a track where all I'm using is my JX8P synth (well, had to try that sooner or later... Smiley)...

Also known as Marc JXP
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2007, 09:44:12 PM »

I eventually got round to do some listening.
Though I was put off by the 'ambient/trance' labelling, as this is not at all my type of music, I have just had this track playing on loop for about five or six times and find many fascinations in here.
Really well constructed and executed, full of little surprises. The guitars are nice and the organ at 3.20 is pure 60's.
Enjoyed!
 Grin
James

Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2007, 04:42:53 PM »

I eventually got round to do some listening.
Though I was put off by the 'ambient/trance' labelling, as this is not at all my type of music, I have just had this track playing on loop for about five or six times and find many fascinations in here.
Really well constructed and executed, full of little surprises. The guitars are nice and the organ at 3.20 is pure 60's.
Enjoyed!
 Grin
James

Thanks! I guess ambient is a very broad genre, I wouldn't have classified this music like this in the past too, but after hearing several tracks lately I guess a definition of the genre is very hard to give, except that it seems more about atmosphere and mood than other tracks.

Also known as Marc JXP
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2007, 11:13:51 AM »

During the intro I was asking myself in which direction this would go.
It finaly etablished it's direction around 1:00, and there we have your excelent style again.
Good solo at 3:15 ! Love it

Sounds like this will be a great project.

Thanks for sharing

Kara

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2007, 12:26:11 PM »

Thanks! I have Percy to thank for the solo, he's the trained musician. I love that kind of organ playing too. Smiley

Also known as Marc JXP
blipp
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2007, 04:49:10 PM »

Two nice, chilled tracks with an old school vibe to them . Enjoyed them both, with part 2 probably being my fave of the two.  Smiley
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2007, 08:40:22 PM »

Thanks! We're slowly completing all the Ocean Coast tracks but at the same time still putting in new stuff. We're now working on a track which features the return of our non-vocoded-vocals! Shocked

Also known as Marc JXP
jura
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2007, 08:35:33 AM »

Nice flowing there. I like the way bass sits in the mix. Also main melody keeps in my mind. Really easy listening and relaxing. Thanks.
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2007, 12:06:31 PM »

Thanks! I have to say that the combination of easy listening and some melodic elements attracts me too in these tracks. There'll be some diversity though between all the tracks in the final project (about 8 or 9). Some of which will even include non-vocoded vocals by me! Shocked  Wink

Also known as Marc JXP
Jazzyspoon
Imperfect
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2007, 10:06:59 PM »

gorgeous stuff, Marc.  Skilled musicianship as always.  Nice smooth recording,too.
I enjoyed the listen.
I hope this message finds you well.
Jazzyspoon

WWW.JAZZYSPOON.COM
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2007, 09:51:33 PM »

Thanks very much, also on behalf of Percy TKNX! Smiley

Also known as Marc JXP
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print