Kara-Moon Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:46:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FRETPICK  (Read 8809 times)
FRETPICK

« on: April 05, 2007, 06:27:30 PM »

Hi there everyone. Just thought I'd pop by & say hello. I must say I love some of these sounds that are here. Only heard them though. Thinking of investing some £$£ here as well as some time.

I am FRETPICK.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=114131947

Hope to make some cool new friends.

FRET
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 08:53:10 PM »

Hi FretPick ! ...and welcome here !

This forum is fun and you can get helpful reviews and comments and listen to nice music  Wink

Cheers
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 09:08:36 PM »

Welcome FRETPICK! Hmmm....Fret Pick....lemme guess....keyboards, right?  Wink

FRETPICK

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 10:43:43 PM »

Hi guys. I'm after some type of cool programer to collaborate with.
Know anyone guys that can help with FRETPICK album?
birdbrain

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 05:37:56 AM »

hi nice to meet you,
What kind of programmer? 

"Music can change the world. "
-- Ludwig Van Beethoven

http://www.myspace.com/nicholasueparrott
FRETPICK

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 08:26:53 AM »

hi nice to meet you,
What kind of programmer? 

Plan A.

Well. When I teach people,I ask them to think outside of the guitar world sometimes. That ment that I was demoing how to play over chilled Moby type stuff & then all the way to Drum & hectic bass. So years of soloing over this & that what I'm trying to do is get that type of sound down. Of course maybe not the whole album but at least a couple of tracks. Prodgy stuff is also stuff I've soloed over. So it's fair game really.

If anyone wouldn't mind sending some stuff to me that would cool. I could jam over it & send it back to hear some feedback. I just think it would be cool to work with someone who's up for it.

I take my music to heart but I like to have a laugh at the same time. I'm a very big fan of Jordan Rudess (saw him on monday at london) LOVE Steve Vai & SATCH. Dream Theater fan through & through. This is to give you an idea of how far your ideas can go.

A bit about myself to show I'm not away with the clouds.

As you can see on my MYSPACE I have a load of teachers & I'd say prop the best in the industry (my field). I've been playing guitar 17+ years & speak with a VERY broad range of players. From artist ******** to ******* who does work for **** ******....(every now & then guys,they are busy people)

I's not bigging myself up at all. What I'm trying to say is......This could be great if WE...get this right.....That's if anyone gives a hoot. Other than that I'll just carry on.

Plan B.

I've just bought a kaoss Pad 3 (cooool) but noticed that the sample rate is 48. Now that didn't mean anything until I saw that I wanted to buy the Equinox Sound CD...there all at44. Any idea's??

I'm REAL NEW TO THE SAMPLE WORLD & SAMPLE RATES BUT I READ LOADS!!! 

So I'd like to buy the Equinox stuff but my kaoss pad is 48....anyone dig?

Warmest wishes

FRETPICK
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 08:28:59 AM by FRETPICK » Logged
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 03:31:10 PM »

If anyone wouldn't mind sending some stuff to me that would cool. I could jam over it & send it back to hear some feedback. I just think it would be cool to work with someone who's up for it.

Hey fretpick, sounds like your talking about collabing. Happens around here quite often. Lots of fun. Will keep it in mind.

I'm a DT fan as well. Thought their first album was awesome.

hali

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 10:30:58 PM »

I've just bought a kaoss Pad 3 (cooool) but noticed that the sample rate is 48. Now that didn't mean anything until I saw that I wanted to buy the Equinox Sound CD...there all at44. Any idea's??

Hi FRETPICK,

Have you read through your kaoss Pad 3 owners manual? as maybe there is a feature that let you change the sample rate from 48 to 44,usually this feature is called "dither".

« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 10:35:47 PM by hali » Logged
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 08:06:10 AM »

Hi Fretpick and welcome to the forum  Cool

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
FRETPICK

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 05:12:38 PM »

Thanks guys once again. Again would be cool to work with somone. PM if your up for it.

Kaoss Pad 3...I don't think I can change the sample rate. I'll have to check at the Korg forum.
I'm up to my neck in manuals at the mo. Cubase 4...EMX1...KP3..Midi....errrrrr
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 04:24:31 AM »

Hey picker,

Upload some of your solo work with just a beatbox or bass line so we get a feel for your direction. Don't worry about a finished product; just play and let us enjoy!

Looking forward...

Oren.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 04:55:30 AM by Oren » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: