Kara-Moon Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:33:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: A poem : Le dormeur du val / The sleeper in the valley  (Read 13570 times)
Northern_Fist

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2007, 02:17:20 PM »

Gloriously delicate, and sadly beautiful.  The vocal delivery was ace, and the musical delivery was haunting.  I was compelled to listen the entire way even though I don't understand French.  Wonderful -- a little gem indeed!

"The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not mov'd with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils."
- The Merchant of Venice (V, i, 83-85)
Daniel Pompougnac

There's a little wind, today...

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2007, 12:12:18 PM »

"Compelled [...] even[...]" ?

Waoh !
Thank's for my native language.  Smiley
I believed that english people don't like french language.
Thank's again. I'm moved. Sweet.

Daniel

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2007, 01:52:43 PM »

"Compelled [...] even[...]" ?

Waoh !
Thank's for my native language.  Smiley
I believed that english people don't like french language.
Thank's again. I'm moved. Sweet.

Daniel

I think most people would like the French language if they had a chance to be exposed to it..I did and I find it very beautiful.

I think Americans have a bad reputation for not going to the trouble to learn other languages. It is a true fact, but not because we are arrogant or better than other people.

It's a matter of geography:

If I lived in Europe, I think it is fair to say that I might be able to take a six hour drive and touch three countries. If I was raised in Europe, I think it is fair to say that I would have experienced more than just one country and language in the course of growing up.

In America, I have little occasion to go to another country..no real necessity, and I can drive 6 days to get from the Atlantic to the Pacific right here in my own country..that is terribly huge, basically as large as Europe, but with different states of the same language, instead of different countries and different languages.

Languages are easily assimilated at a young age, and most Americans miss that opportunity ..are not exposed to languages as much. Then as adults languages are more difficult to learn for most people without experience.

Wyatt

Daniel Pompougnac

There's a little wind, today...

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2007, 08:51:36 AM »

OK, I've understood "It's a matter of geography".
Sure.
More, sometimes, people of the world don't make difference between their feeling about a country or another country, and the language of this country.
It's not the same thing, I think.
Thank's for your reply.

Daniel

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2007, 12:21:23 PM »

OK, I've understood "It's a matter of geography".
Sure.
More, sometimes, people of the world don't make difference between their feeling about a country or another country, and the language of this country.
It's not the same thing, I think.
Thank's for your reply.

Daniel

Yes, I agree..and they let politicians or newspapers tell them how to feel about another country as well.
C'est domage.

Wyatt

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: