Kara-Moon Forum
April 20, 2024, 11:15:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lexicon MX300  (Read 4309 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: June 09, 2009, 10:47:32 PM »

I was thrilled with the concept of the TC Helicon VT Create,but after having read through more reviews..one issue continually came up,that the power supply was flimsy & unstable...causing random power outages & programs numbers to jump around-NOT GOOD! Angry Effects pedals are inherently road-worthy-but not this one. Roll Eyes
Aside from that...the other problem I find troubling,is that I had contacted the company directly AND I had made a post on their forum,in regard to my query about the amount of gain the unit has & to no avail....not at all a good prospect for $249. Tongue
When I dug a little deeper in my research into rack-mount effects processors,I noticed that most of them in the $200 range & up,have foot pedal inputs,bypass switches & the versatility I was looking for...which led me to the Lexicon.
The Lexicon has everything I could want in a effects processor...bypass switch,tempo button,foot pedal input,good assorment of effects & a large LCD screen.
At this point I realized,that if I am to make a significant upgrade from the preamps & effects in my Tascam,I need to keep my preamps & effects separate and that would mean a bigger investment.
The Lexicon makes perfect sense for my situation,as I will not only be able to use this unit for vocal effects,but I can also use this processor for every other application,since I will be replacing all of the effects processors in my Tascam.
The icing on the cake of all this,is that Lexicon has an excellent track record with 30 years in the making & the Lexicon processors are well reviewed. Cool

http://www.lexiconpro.com.ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=145
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 10:52:33 PM by elwoodblues1969 » Logged

Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 04:53:44 PM »

Thom,

It seems like a lot of guitar players favour this effects unit. What is that all about?

(haven't they heard of Digitech?...with the Lexicon reverbs built right in?  Wink Grin)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: