Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:19:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: June KVR  (Read 4961 times)
xh3rv

« on: June 11, 2009, 02:21:09 AM »

A lot of Zebrify in here, new FX unit from U-He that lets one use amplitude and pitch data from audio, among other things, as modulators in a Zebra-like patch structure.  Other than a somewhat percussive motif and a brassy bit at the end, all of the amplitude on all patches is sourced from me singing (some pretty heavy reverb used too).  I think this really changes the nature of the sound as it's not envelope-driven, there is movement in the amplitude that either consciously or sub-consciously audible has a different feel that I hope is appreciated Cheesy

The percussive motif is Zebra + a similar Zebrify patch adding transients whose amplitude is from percussive samples.  The brassy bit is a more or less random vocal a cappella track found in Creative Commons, chopped up and resequenced, and run through a Zebrify patch tracking the pitch and amplitude - there are characteristics in this sound in the end that I can't imagine ever getting from envelopes and LFOs etc.  I'd imagine a good vocalist could essentially play Zebrify with their voice.

* 0906_xh3rv_June.mp3 (2514.72 KB - downloaded 623 times.)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 11:44:25 PM »

Great soundscape! 

An interesting way to input sounds, i.e. via vocals.  It appears to me that you have mastered that. 

Two thumbs up on this one.  It’s a keeper.

The older I get the better I was!
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 07:07:13 AM »

Interesting approach of this months Kvr theme.
Using the voice like this certainly opens some very interesting possibilities.

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 03:11:43 PM »

Cool ! I came here following the link for those voice-input details
Very experimental attitude

Cheers
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 05:28:36 PM »

I enjoyed this 'over there' and with this explanation I'm even more impressed Cool

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 03:57:07 PM »

A lot of Zebrify in here, new FX unit from U-He that lets one use amplitude and pitch data from audio, among other things, as modulators in a Zebra-like patch structure.  Other than a somewhat percussive motif and a brassy bit at the end, all of the amplitude on all patches is sourced from me singing...I think this really changes the nature of the sound as it's not envelope-driven, there is movement in the amplitude that either consciously or sub-consciously audible has a different feel...
...there are characteristics in this sound in the end that I can't imagine ever getting from envelopes and LFOs etc.  I'd imagine a good vocalist could essentially play Zebrify with their voice.

Some unusual textures here. I am interested to see where you take it - the potential for development seems very promising. wOO

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: