Kara-Moon Forum
April 20, 2024, 08:03:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The ARKAS-LIVE is finaly here !!!  (Read 7057 times)
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« on: July 19, 2009, 12:43:11 PM »

Hello all !

It's been a while since I  had time to post something interesting, but I've finally have the pleasure to announce the ARKAS-Live.

The Arkas-Live is a setup I've been working on for a couple of months. It's the perfect mariage between aranger-hardware synth and software synth.

The idea behind the concept: the arranger is the main instrument. It's midi is send to a PC from which the seperate midi channels are routed to either hardware synths and/or software synth making it posible to make any kind of sound layer. A very powerfull and flexible combination, ideal for compo-work or live usage.

I've recorded a simple song with it, calle 'Unknowns'. In this song, I use a simple arrangement with sounds from the G2X, Virus TI, Sylent1 and Battery 3 for drums. Everything performed live. Host application on the PC is Cantabile which allow you to automatically record everything you play live.

Enjoy !

Moon

* Unknowns - MrMoon.mp3 (3645.82 KB - downloaded 426 times.)

* Arkas-setup2.jpg (99.9 KB, 800x600 - viewed 778 times.)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 12:54:34 PM by Moon » Logged
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 04:03:24 PM »

Very cool stuff Moon.....rich,evocative tones! 8)It's a little too complicated for my tastes set up wise,but then I'm not a live player and as you know,arranger keyboards are not my thing.

I love the concept of having the ability to import WAV files into hardware-which is my way of layering tones,which is why I am very excited about the Juno G-as it is only recently,that I realized all of the vast potential the Juno G has. Cheesy

I dig you gear set up. Afro

-Thom

Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 04:26:18 PM »

Nicely layered - big, rich sound - very impressive

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 06:49:08 PM »

Thanks for the comment!

I know the setup sounds complex, but in fact it is easier to use it then Karma on the M3. Once you start to understand arrangers, you realize they can do a lot for you. And... they're really not to hard to understand.

Guess I'm allready prefering the PA50 above the M3. Not for it's sound, because despite the sound engine of the Triton series, the PA50 is sounding awefull (static noice due to insuffient shielding). But... the arranger functions are great and once you start layering those wunderfull soft and hardware synth, it's really start to sing !

Moon
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 06:59:20 PM »

A couple of months Moon ? No, you working on the concept since more then a year now  Grin
But it is certainly worth the effort,  it sounds good and I know how you did it  Grin

Great job bother  Cool

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 07:11:22 PM »

A couple of months Moon ? No, you working on the concept since more then a year now  Grin

Has it been that long  Huh  Cheesy

Indeed... but the result certainly makes up for the effort.

Kara, I know how much you hate PC's in a live setup... but I'll prove you wrong. This little PC is working great  wOO Rock stable, without heating too much in the 2u case, even with the silent fans...

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 08:27:28 AM »

Interesting, we'll see  Grin

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Pages: [1]