Kara-Moon Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:18:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The last Ferry  (Read 5658 times)
respirator

« on: April 15, 2007, 06:46:04 PM »

I live on an island called Sealand (Sjælland in Danish, it's where Copenhagen is situated). Growing up we had to fly or sail to get away. We had lot of ferries and spend a lot of time sailing. Today they've build bridges, so you can drive to Vladivostok or Gibraltar. It meant the end of many ferry lines, but fortunately we've got a few left. This piece is from field recordings from a ferry.

The Last Ferry

Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 06:59:44 PM »

Hi Respirator

Classy production. Interesting aural experience. The ambient sounds and the music are linked at perfection.
There'a dark vibe all over this tune, and I think it's your (almost) nostalgic view of the ferry sails.
A by-gone era

Cheers
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 05:47:05 AM »

Thomas,

Sounded to me like she sank, or sailed off into oblivion - things were very normal, then frantic, then laboured, then...gone.

Nicely paced, very effective use of dynamics. An emotional experience. Excellent!

Oren.

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 06:19:23 PM »

Respirator,

Awesome..I had no idea how much potent sound is out there, just waiting for someone with a field-recorder.

..I never would have thought it..now there I go thinking I need another piece of gear Grin

Wyatt

one

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 03:24:35 PM »

Hi Res

Another superb piece....

1 Smiley

Servetus

Heretic

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 09:48:33 AM »

Wow.

Listening to this track has been one of the best audio experiences of the week for me.

Wonderfully done, a murky sort of longing atmosphere- excellent manipulation of field recordings, superb.

I'm just flabbergasted.. Mmmk?

Grin

-Servetus

I like.. sound.
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 04:47:51 PM »

I think it would be really cool if you collaborated with someone who plays keyboards & if not,I hope you at least make sound effect software for keyboards. Grin

Elwood

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: