Kara-Moon Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:36:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Be careful what you ask for...  (Read 18683 times)
Mick Emery

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 04:21:32 PM »

Hi Oren!

So THAT'S Dark & Evil!!!!
I'd say dark, but not necessarily evil.

You never cease to amaze me.  The production was great, and the playing was superb.
Great sounds & thought provoking.

Thanks for posting & being here. (and there)

Mick

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 06:05:43 PM »

Yo Mick!

Evil is my hair after a hard night of moshing
Evil is my sneakers after a day if frisbee in the park

We'll go for dark, but keep it friendly!

Let's do one together soon,

Oren.

Mick Emery

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2007, 09:19:51 PM »

Yo Mick!

Let's do one together soon,

Oren.

It would be my great pleasure.

Mick

I have a dark one coming....

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2007, 02:49:45 PM »

Oren,

After having witnessed your crafting,I had a epiphany....that is what my songs are missing...collaboration of your mind & your guitar weilding with my music!

If any one could fill the void in my songs,it would be you. Cool

Crisp,clean,collective & executed with impossible concentration....utterly outstanding,sir! Grin

Elwood

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2007, 03:57:41 PM »

Thom,

I like the way you put together a song!
Doubtless, we'll do one together; presently I'm focusing on learning the software and getting back to my guitar after a lot of computer music editing.

Right now it's paramount that I tell Daran that you guys like the song. The world is a safer place when Daran is happy. Much safer.... Shocked

Daniel Pompougnac

There's a little wind, today...

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2007, 09:21:49 PM »

Great job, Oren.
Composition, Mix... and the voice, the solo guitars !  Smiley

Thank's for this piece.

Daniel

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2007, 10:57:04 PM »

Daniel,

I've been going wild trying to get the Kara-Moon "In A Spin" CD finished up, and Kara & Moon have this other little project in the works...perhaps it's better if I let them tell you about that...

It's way past time for me to listen to some of the music you talented folks are posting here - I'll get to it, ...promise... Grin In the meantime, thanks for listening and taking the time to comment! (it's easy to do good work when so many capable artists contribute to the cause Cool)

Oren.

Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2007, 04:05:23 PM »

Just stumbled upon this, Oren!

Love the different guitar sounds, and some great guitar melodies. I really enjoy listening to tasteful melodic leads vs riff based leads and shredding.

I listen to guitar a lot differently than I used to since I'm trying to learn how to do things your already very good at...so I wanted to mention your skill with vibrato. Sounds really nice.

But what's with all this strat love talk. Don't you guys know all the really good guitars are made by Gibson?  JK Grin

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2007, 09:40:54 PM »

But what's with all this strat love talk. Don't you guys know all the really good guitars are made by Gibson?  JK Grin

Wooo! Need someone to hold your coat?
 Grin

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2007, 08:29:53 AM »

Will,

Now I'm really confused  Huh Who is holding who's coat?

Fred,

Thanks for listening to the song!

I love the Gibson SG. Even better with a Bigsby attached. However, comfort and balance have come to mean more to me in recent years, as has a reliable tremolo bridge.
My guitars were made in Leo's old factory on Fender Avenue in Fullerton California by George Fullerton and his crew. Leo re-designed the electrical components. George designed the original Stratocaster, and then tweeked the lines a bit for his G&Ls. You can't beat them for comfort, and they have the best tremolo system in the business.

Since Leo's death in 1991, the BBE company purchased the G&L name and have made a progressively cheaper guitar, and are now having them machine-made in Korea. If you can find one built before 1997, you'll have a real gem on your hands.

Oren.

Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2007, 02:28:29 PM »

George designed the original Stratocaster, and then tweeked the lines a bit for his G&Ls. You can't beat them for comfort, and they have the best tremolo system in the business.

Since Leo's death in 1991, the BBE company purchased the G&L name and have made a progressively cheaper guitar, and are now having them machine-made in Korea. If you can find one built before 1997, you'll have a real gem on your hands.
I got curious and I checked those out on-line after I saw your mention of it a couple weeks ago....that you were getting a new one. They sell the new ones at MF and I'd like to have one anyway. Too bad about the current manufacturing, however, and I'm sure everyone who has a pre '97 knows exactly what they have! 

I was mostly kidding, I probably know less then a tenth of what you know about guitars. I just remember when I was 23 and wanted to learn guitar, I bought a new Les Paul Custom ('76). I sold that and all my other equipment including my C3, Leslie, Rhodes, and my monophonic synth a year later to go to school. So, earlier this year when I decided to try again I bought another LP. btw, I have found that its not all that hard to play guitar but next to impossible to play it well Wink Grin  So my hats off to all the good guitar players here.

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2007, 07:21:34 PM »

Will,

'sOK. I just thought there was a fight brewing  Grin

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2007, 08:21:10 PM »

Will,

'sOK. I just thought there was a fight brewing  Grin

Well, he didn't disagree with me Wink Grin

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2007, 08:17:43 AM »

Will,

Normally Canadians leave the coat on (too cold, otherwise). Instead, the bystander gets to hold the girlfriend, to prevent her from entering the fray and doing your opponent some real damage Wink.

Fred,

The G&L fraternity is a small one indeed, and I can quickly put you in touch with a player in your vicinity who is holding on to a pre-'97 and willing to part with it for 600-700 greenbacks. If I see one that needs a good home, I snag it and let the crew know it's available, just to make sure it gets the care it deserves.
The corporate forum at guitarsbyleo.com has an active buy-and-sell page, also.(after owning a Les Paul, the G&Ls made in Korea will seem substandard indeed, so don't waste your time in that direction)

Oren.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: