Kara-Moon Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:17:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting promo !  (Read 4294 times)
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« on: September 10, 2009, 01:17:35 PM »

Have a look here : http://www.mildonstudios.com/m2/page41.aspx

Very cheap, I listened to the demos on the page, and to me it realy sounds as a guitar...
Then again, I'm not a guitar player  Grin

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 01:47:10 PM »

I'm obviously not a guitar player either,but I have fiddled around with acoustic and electric guitars here & there-over the years,as a close friend of mine is a guitar player.
In addition to that,I've dealt with many acoustic guitar samples over the years with my keyboards & some software ones as well-and to me,these samples are very clearly synthetic sounding....not so much in timbre,but the way the sustain is implemented,makes these demos very mechanical sounding.

Actually,the strumming acoustic sounds in Moon's most recent song,sounds much more natural than this and coming from a hardware keyboard,it's quite impressive.
Generally,software acoustic sounds have the most authentic sounding samples,because a lot of the little nuances & details are pretty meticulous,but this "LemonDrop" software is not among them.

Yes,this software is very inexpensive-but not usable in my opinion and you could probably find equal or better acoustic sample plug ins for free, elsewhere.

-Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 02:58:54 PM »

What I would like to hear... Grin...is some guitar compositions from the various synth wizards here at K-M, just to demonstrate what is possible, what each software/hardware selection sounds like, and what can be done with them.

This LemonDrop strummed guitar software plays better rhythm guitar than I do... Shocked... but that ain't hard... Cheesy

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 08:54:54 PM »

For what it is, it's impressive. For it's price, it's very impressive.
Sure you can tell it's not a real guitar when listening to the samples, but I wonder how easy it would be to tell if it was used bedded deep in a mix?

P.S.
Oren, I ain't bitin' Grin

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 12:15:20 AM »

What I would like to hear... Grin...is some guitar compositions from the various synth wizards here at K-M, just to demonstrate what is possible, what each software/hardware selection sounds like, and what can be done with them.

What the hell are you trying to do Oren  Shocked put US out of business  Angry Evil Tongue Grin

The older I get the better I was!
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 05:23:18 PM »

Ha! I don't think there is any fear of that Grin

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: