Kara-Moon Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:44:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UbuntuStudio 9.04  (Read 2941 times)
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« on: September 26, 2009, 11:13:29 AM »

First, I should say that I would have preferred to use 64Studio, or Dynebolic... but Ubuntu was the only Linux distribution that would load on my Athlon 6000 dual core computer and drive the Asus graphics card.

Next, I want to say that, from the point of view of digital audio, UbuntuStudio has been a huge pain in the butt... Cheesy
Version 9.04 is no exception. Replete with all kinds of cool graphics and advanced features, it just does not work. An article by an experienced Linux audio user, describing the necessary renovations to make it a functional operating system, - http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/judgement-day-studio-dave-tests-ubuntu-studio-904 -  indicates that it useless to any but the most capable Linux enthusiast.

Version 7.10 was the last release that actually performed "as advertised" without major renovations, and it is no longer supported by the Ubuntu repository. Subsequent "improvements" have rendered it each new release less functional.
Consequently, I've had to assemble my own little system, based on Ubuntu and using the applications from their repository.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 05:09:11 AM by Oren » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: