Kara-Moon Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:33:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The KM-radio station  (Read 7842 times)
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« on: October 13, 2009, 06:31:03 PM »

To all of our KM-members :

There are still some plans for the site after the server upgrade!

We're planning to set up a KM-radio station with the music posted at the auditorium. If you don't know about the auditorium, you should check out http://www.kara-moon.com/ and click on some artists over there.

If you're music isn't there allready, you should start to upload it there because by new year, everybody will be listening to the free KM-radio station.  wOO

I think a KM radio station would be great, because it will bring our music to a broader audience. So if this idea is getting a lot of support, we'll definetly will start it up.

But first, the server migration !

Moon

P.S.: I'll keep you posted on the KM-radio station idea.... after the migration I'll setup a new thread about it...
impablomations

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 07:10:21 PM »

Would the KM radio be a computer only streaming the all the songs from the auditorium, or would you also be doing live shows - playing requests or turning people onto new but not known music/musicians.  If you will be doing the latter also, I'd like to put myself forward as a possible DJ for occasional shows.  I've DJ'd in a virtual world called Second Life, I was doing 2hr slots roughly 5 times a week for 2 years, so a fair bit of experience.  Could be an idea for various KM members to introduce other members/listeners to the music that makes their heart sing and inspires them.

I already the relevant software - SAM Broadcaster.  It's pretty easy to have people from around the world doing a show from their computer without affecting the machine the radio station runs on - I'm presuming you will be using a service like Shoutcast?  All you do is set your Master computer that streams the music when a "live" show isnt on to autoconnect every 10 secs, then give the  shoutcast server details to the Dj's, then they simply log into the webpage - "kick" the master computer from the stream then connect themselves to the stream before the master reconnects.  At the end of the show, simply dissconnect from the stream and the master will reconnect automatically.

Anyways just a thought/suggestion.

I have the world's largest collection of seashells. I keep it on all the beaches of the world... perhaps you've seen it. - Steven Wright

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 08:12:48 PM »

If you're music isn't there allready, you should start to upload it there because by new year, everybody will be listening to the free KM-radio station.  wOO
I think a KM radio station would be great, because it will bring our music to a broader audience. So if this idea is getting a lot of support, we'll definetly will start it up.

Good idea! Count me in...

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 11:16:32 PM »

<AOL mode = "on">
Me Too !!!
<AOL mode = "off">

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 06:31:57 AM »

Actually rharv triggered this idea.

I think there are a lot of possibilities. I know some members are giving concerts on second live and we allraedy tried once a live broadcast. So, yes, we could do live shows.

Looks like this is a good idea.

Keep letting the ideas flow in...

Moon
NeoN

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 10:34:42 AM »

Excellent Idea!

I really look forward to it Smiley
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 01:17:31 PM »

Sounds great to me

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 04:00:44 PM »

Far f**kin' out....I can dig it!!

Alienz

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 11:51:48 AM »

Great news! 
I better get some music on there then... Shocked
mlit

bada-pisch!

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 02:57:46 AM »

internet radio? i bet u need a scandinavian host/dj  Cool

do not judge music by it's drug!
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2009, 05:15:03 PM »

internet radio? i bet u need a scandinavian host/dj  Cool

We'll make room for this!  Wink

I'm getting the feeling we'll be having an interesting radio station !  Grin

Moon
mlit

bada-pisch!

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2009, 05:15:33 PM »

alot of our members live in different timezones. so there should be room for many programs on the radio.

maybe have auditions?

do not judge music by it's drug!
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2009, 05:24:58 PM »

maybe have auditions?

Shure !!! I'll launch a new topic for this.

Moon
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 05:35:46 PM by Moon » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: