Kara-Moon Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:35:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Facing the Music in these parts...  (Read 6249 times)
Northern_Fist

« on: April 28, 2007, 07:08:44 AM »

Greetings!  This looks to be a very promising board.  I was refered to this place by Magmavander who is also a member here before me.  I was told that the musicianship here was superior to most other boards, and the quality of feedback better.  This place does indeed look like a greenhouse for all sorts of musicians.  I am so far impressed and glad to have joined.  In some ways, I feel over my head.

I hail from the US midwest (Currently), though I've been from Colorado to Europe and back.  My initial musical background was with classical training with the saxophone that started dipping into jazz.  Sadly, I left Colorado, and my music mentor who was such good teacher, and a friend of the family.  For emotional reasons, I never played saxophone again, and I regret that decision today.  A few years ago, I picked up Fruityloops to see if computers could actually help one compose and write music.  Now I absolutely love making music with FL, one lonely hardware synth, a stack of VSTs, and my MIDI controller to boot.  I'll be taking up piano lessons soon to help my improvisational skills and overall character in musicianship.  However, with so many things in life fighting for my attention, it's been difficult to focus on music, lately.

I also am a college student (age 21), a meat cutter, enjoy health&fitness, martial arts (hence my name), anime (though I'm new to it), video games, computer work, family+friends, reading, writing, and certain aspects of art/ graphic design.  I'm basically a failed rennasaince man that I do many things, but none of them I do very well.  I'm single, a believer in Jesus, and seem to be the only male that I know who likes cats.

I'll confess, that I don't think I'll initially add up to the rest of the tracks that I've heard here... good quality.  Fortunately, I look forward to challenging myself to step it up a few notches.  I love just about every genre of music except most modern country music, polka, and rap.  Electronica holds a special place in my heart.  Although I've spent alot of time writing in the EDM genre (trance, techno, breaks, etc.) I've been looking to expand my musical horizons in many genres until I have the experience needed to go to the next "levels" of composition.

I hope to learn more about tune-making this summer with you!

[EDIT]
If you're curious... here's my dormant soundclick page for my beginning works from a while ago (beginning to intermediate use of sequencer).  "Goodbye, Electronic Monk" goes through a preview parade of my very first works onward to later ones:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=151388
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 07:25:08 AM by Northern_Fist » Logged

"The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not mov'd with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils."
- The Merchant of Venice (V, i, 83-85)
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 07:27:28 AM »

Hi & welcome here  Cool

Now don't be shy, we have all types of music here, all levels and we are allways ready to help somebody if we can.
Feel free to listen & comment here
And of course contribute your songs or contribute to others & collaborate here.

Kara

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 09:57:30 AM »

Welcome to the Auditorium !
You can get advice to improve your music making here
This place is very friendly, so don't worry to post sketches or unfinished tracks.

...and someone even post here music-jokes  Grin

Cheers
magmavander
Frenchy but chic
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 08:07:29 PM »

NF, post your music here, it's an order!!!  Grin
Or I will give the links myself  Wink
Sorry, but you're talented too...

Welcome!!

mag

Frenchy but chic
jura
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 03:35:29 PM »

People here really wants to listen to music, its obvious.

It makes us rich.

Ability to listen and understand.

So, welcome to this great forum.

Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 05:16:38 PM »

I'm basically a failed rennasaince man that I do many things, but none of them I do very well. 

Probably not yet...at 21 Wink

Welcome!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: