Kara-Moon Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:16:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey there  (Read 7909 times)
impablomations

« on: September 09, 2009, 11:43:25 PM »

hi Everyone, very new member here.  Just joined and uploaded my 1st song on the main site.  Hope you like Wink

I'm an Ex-semi pro guitarist / keyboard player, quit music for personal reasons a few years ago, only just started playing/recording again, but this time purely for personal enjoyment, but if others like my tunes then all the better Wink

Anways, hello again Smiley

I have the world's largest collection of seashells. I keep it on all the beaches of the world... perhaps you've seen it. - Steven Wright

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 01:23:46 AM »

...Just joined and uploaded my 1st song on the main site... I'm an Ex-semi pro guitarist / keyboard player, quit music for personal reasons a few years ago, only just started playing/recording again, but this time purely for personal enjoyment...

Welcome! wOO Some first-class instrumental action, there, friend...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 04:04:26 AM by Oren » Logged

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 06:44:45 AM »

HI & Welcome here  Cool

Seriously good funking funky music ! A great groove 
Chillaxing in Calcutta was a big surprise after the first one. But also very good, Moon my brother will love this one !

Have a look around here, we are very keen on collaborations  Wink

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 07:15:24 AM »

HI there,
and a big welcome from me.

You got an interesting start to your song collection there.
Opposite ends of the musical spectrum.
Now lets hear some more to fill out the middle  Grin

The others will have to look out, with two geordies around ...... who knows what might happen  Evil

Wink
James

impablomations

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 02:22:22 PM »

Thanks for the warm reception peeps  Grin

To be honest I was a bit unsure as to what my reception would be, as you are obviously a pretty tight night group of friends, some places ignore newbies lol

I try not to stick to any particular musical type, just play what comes in my head, or sometimes browsing samples sites might trigger an idea if i come across an interesting sample (like the horns in funkin funky).

Never done a collaboration long distance before, but always open to new ideas/experiences Smiley

Thanks again for the warm welcome, some damn fine musicians here, lets hope I can be up to par Smiley
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 02:31:20 PM by impablomations » Logged

I have the world's largest collection of seashells. I keep it on all the beaches of the world... perhaps you've seen it. - Steven Wright

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 02:50:30 PM »

No worries, it's true that we are a rather small forum and a lot of us here became friends over time  Cool
But... we are allso very open to new members !

Allso from what I heard on your music page, you are allready up to par  Cool

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 02:52:52 PM »

Hey right back at ya,

The only newbies that we're not receptive to,are the spammers Wink so welcome,enjoy yourself and make yourself at home here-please!
Cheesy
A note on collaborations; up until I joined this forum,I was not big on collabs,but now I'm neck-deep in collabs,as there is something quite extraordinary in banning together with folks all over the globe-it's massively addicting!
You've got a very interesting backround musically,so we'll get along just fine and you'll find this to be true of everyone here,so dig in and go ballistic!

Cheers,

-Thom

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 08:28:13 PM »

Hi There, and a welcome from me too. Not had a chance to listen to your work yet, but be sure I will Smiley

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MRT

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 02:48:48 PM »

Just want to add to the "Welcome Aboard"s. You've put up some really nice stuff, F'n Funky moves me but I'm a sucker for a good organ part.
I think you'll find this place is pretty much like being in a band all the upsides and none of the down.

I'll be looking forward to your take on Imminent Sonic Distruction. Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: