Kara-Moon Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:19:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Korg M3 module removal...  (Read 5770 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: January 15, 2010, 05:17:24 AM »

Moon,

At this point in time-I feel like a bleeding imbecile,because time & time again,I am running into brick walls with my M3,despite the fact that I am a seasoned Korg user.
I may seem lazy by now...as if I just want to be spoon-fed,but actually,I have been all over the internet..frantically trying to obtain information on what should be a very simple procedure,which is that I merely wish to remove my M3 module,so that I can install the EXB256 board.
I've looked through the manual,the supplementary guide,the Karma-Lab site,the Korg main website and YouTube,but I still have yet to figure out how to remove the module.

The manual shows how to install the card itself,but fails to mention that you NEED to remove the module first and needless to say,does not tell you HOW to remove the module.
In all my searching-the only progress I made,was that I found a video on YouTube on how to install the card,but this guy states one does not need to remove the module to install the chip & this guy claims he installed it without removing the module.
This guy really pissed me off to no end,because it's inconceivable to me how he did it,because the space is much too tight & restrictive,to get a screwdriver in there.

The most frustrating part of all this,is that on my Triton Extreme,all I had to do was simply remove the panel on TOP of the keyboard and I was easily able to install a memory chip without any instruction whatsoever. Angry
At this particular juncture,I am really dreading the thought of having to go through this again,once I buy the Radias board.
Please tell me how you installed this board,as I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,

-Thom

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 07:48:27 AM »

Wow....thank goodness for the Korg U.K. website......this website proved to be infinitely more helpful than the U.S. version.
I'm really shocked though...that this is the only source of information on the module removal procedure....unless of course I overlooked it elsewhere?? Roll Eyes Undecided
What I find particularly fascinating,is the YouTube vid that addresses this topic-but does not actually have the solution,because the module must be removed first.
The guy in the video,said that he did not want to be bothered with removing the module-but as it turns out,it could not be simpler.
All that had to be done,was to remove the screws from the metal strip that is located just beneath the module's surface and presto-it comes right out!
Roll Eyes
I was not thrilled with having to pay $120 for a 256MB ram card,but I am very pleased with having the ability to upload the entire expansion set all at once,while still having 5 minutes of sample time-schweet! wOO
The radical design changes of the M3 from the Triton Extreme are drastic,but after all is said & done,the M3 is relatively simple to operate...but having to dig for some pertinent information on this keyboard can be complicated. Roll Eyes

-Thom

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 09:40:58 AM »

Glad to see you quickly sorted this out !

Moon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: