Kara-Moon Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:46:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Behringer Truth 1030A review  (Read 11212 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: April 19, 2010, 02:30:13 PM »

Initially,the plan was to create the most budget-friendly PC DAW possible....but when it comes down to the DAW software and speakers,there are no cutting corners..as I found out.
I am in the process of upgrading my DAW software to Presonus and that review will be forthcoming later in the week.
All that said...onto the monitor review.....

The Truth 1030A's have a most curious design,as the depth of the cabinets are shockingly deep.From the front baffle-clear to the rear,it measures nearly 11"!
Unlike nearly all monitors of this price range,the 1030A's have a fairly decent waveguide,so the sweet spot is reasonably broad.
One of the most attractive features of these monitors,is the incredible amount of gain!This is the perfect solution to audio interfaces with weak gain levels.
The 1030A's are very rugged also,as they can take some serious pounding,when subjected to excessive decibel levels(although I don't dare to set them to the 50% mark)!
The detail in the highs have a reasonable degree of accuracy as well...but as for the rest of the spectrum,well....the lackluster design of the interior of the cabinet,coupled with the rear porting,presents a noticeable problem in the low end response when in close proximity to walls.
There is however,acoustic compensation switches located in the rear of the cabinet...but reducing the boominess,also means reducing the bass response...which is something I don't care to do,in a pair of monitors with such a small footprint.
All this being said,I decided to remove these monitors from my workstation and replace them with my M-Audio CX5's....a very crucial move,in consideration of the extreme level of audio fidelity that software provides.
The 1030A's are now in my home theatre,far removed from any walls...so they function rather nicely there.
I suppose though,that if one were to furnish their studio from floor to ceiling with acoustic panels,then the 1030A's might function very well(although that amount of acoustic treatment would be double the value of the monitors themselves,which is obviously a mute point).

Overall though-for $200..the Truth 1030A's are the best choice,provided that your budget is strictly limited to said amount(but otherwise,I strongly recommend that one chooses the Truth 3030A's instead)!

-Thom

* DSCI0045.JPG (2903.82 KB, 3648x2736 - viewed 1307 times.)

* DSCI0046.JPG (2917.29 KB, 3648x2736 - viewed 1258 times.)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 02:36:03 PM by elwoodblues1969 » Logged

Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 03:00:30 AM »

Home theatre, eh? You must have some very understanding neighbours,dude! Cheesy

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 01:16:57 PM »

As stipulated in the apartment lease,no excessive noise between the hours of 10:00pm thru 8:00am and yeah,I've got cool neighbors! Wink Cool

-Thom

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 03:12:57 PM »

Which gives a time frame of 16 hours to make noise  Grin

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/