Kara-Moon Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:11:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Model  (Read 6464 times)
impablomations

« on: June 26, 2010, 12:32:55 PM »

I thought I would easy myself gently back into music with something not too taxing.  I've been spending a lot of time continuing to get my ridiculously large CD collection onto Hard drive, so far 1.5tb and counting lol.

Anyways came across an old Kraftwerk CD, one of the bands responsible for me originally learning keyboards when I was a kid... So here is my interpretation of one of their most famous songs "Model".  I can't speak German to save my life, so I've done the English version.  I bought Melodyne (similar to Autotune) when I was working/earning but never really got to grips with it apart from some basic pitch correction, so the Vocals here I've completely "kraftwerked" to give the impression of a computer singing.

Hopefully I've kept the 70's vibe a bit.

* Impablomations vs Kraftwerk - Model.mp3 (3446.46 KB - downloaded 286 times.)

I have the world's largest collection of seashells. I keep it on all the beaches of the world... perhaps you've seen it. - Steven Wright

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 06:23:21 PM »

Very nicely done Afro

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 09:19:55 PM »

Loved it  Afro

The older I get the better I was!
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 09:19:29 AM »

I was a big fan of Kraftwerk in my younger years, sill like them actually.
This is a good cover, the sound of the synths sound like a modern interpretation of a classic, but respects the original.
The vocals are a bit high pitched, but it sounds fresh

Nice take on a great classic

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 02:38:37 PM »

Being a fan of Kraftwerk, I was most curious. This was actualy one of my first records I bought when I was a kid.

I'm very impressed ! Great job ! Loved it !

Moon
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 05:08:24 PM »

I've never heard this one & I know very little of Kraftwerk in general,but this tune certainly has my attention!Although I have no basis for comparison with the original-I am nonetheless,impressed by your efforts. Cool

-Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 05:55:32 AM »

I've never heard this one & I know very little of Kraftwerk in general, but this tune certainly has my attention! Although I have no basis for comparison with the original - I am nonetheless, impressed by your efforts
. Cool

I'm in the same boat with Thom on this, but it works... wOO

isle3music

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 12:01:58 AM »

I thought I would easy myself gently back into music with something not too taxing.  I've been spending a lot of time continuing to get my ridiculously large CD collection onto Hard drive, so far 1.5tb and counting lol.

Anyways came across an old Kraftwerk CD, one of the bands responsible for me originally learning keyboards when I was a kid... So here is my interpretation of one of their most famous songs "Model".  I can't speak German to save my life, so I've done the English version.  I bought Melodyne (similar to Autotune) when I was working/earning but never really got to grips with it apart from some basic pitch correction, so the Vocals here I've completely "kraftwerked" to give the impression of a computer singing.

Hopefully I've kept the 70's vibe a bit.
You mean the vocals were done by you and you've manipulated them to give the impression of a computer singing...wow that's impressive
works for me,i like it Grin
Cheers
impablomations

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 05:51:48 PM »

thanks guys, glad you like it  Grin

i know the vocals aren't perfect, some of the words are hard to make out... It's when I changed the formants and pitch on the vocals.  I'm only just beginning to get to grips with Melodyne, even though I've had it so long, an amazing piece of kit to be sure.  Hell, it makes me sound like I can sing on Geordie lol.  Although to be fair, Its just I have a tendency to sing a bit flat on higher notes.

I have the world's largest collection of seashells. I keep it on all the beaches of the world... perhaps you've seen it. - Steven Wright

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: