Kara-Moon Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:04:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Final thoughts on the NI software...  (Read 3718 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: July 08, 2010, 03:25:14 AM »

After having done a considerable amount of research & listening through all of the demos,coupled with the many recommendations from other NI users,I thought I had made the ideal choice..concerning a major VSTi purchase.
As it turned out,the more I dig into it,the less I like it...because in the Komplete 6 package,there is clearly quite a large chunk left out of each sound set.
What's worse,is that in all of the synth programs(Reaktor,Absynth,Massive & FM8),at least half of all the presets are just sound effects,which is really just noise.
So for the most part,I paid $500 for a sh*t-load of noise & just a handful of useful presets and as far as Kontakt goes,the utter lack of selection in what NI refers to as a "library",is just a teaser trailer at best and to pay for additional sounds is too expensive & not worthwhile.
If all this wasn't bad enough,the customer service-to say the least,is atrocious.

The Battery software is nothing special and there's not a lot of content in this either,as I find myself constantly going back to my trusty Korg M3,for good drum sounds.
Actually,the drum library in my Presonus folders are a lot more useful than the NI's.I really don't find NI to be all that user-friendly either,but perhaps that is due to my lack of interest in NI as a whole,because Komplete 6 just isn't inspirational enough for me to really dig into it completely.

What makes all this especially disappointing & distressing,is that between all of the new sounds that Presonus's update has added and what I already have with Reason 4,I really didn't need Native Instruments,whatsoever.
As a matter of fact,I barely touch my Komplete 6(with the exception of making regular use of a few Kontakt sounds).

At this point in time,I really don't know why anyone would recommend the NI K6,as I feel I have been royally shafted out of $500 and I am very f**king pissed off at myself for not buying the Spectrasonics Omnishpere!
Angry

-Thom
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 03:36:55 AM by elwoodblues1969 » Logged

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 03:36:46 AM »

You did your due diligence in researching the package, Thom. It is recommended by a lot of folks...

An interesting phenomemon: when someone owns a particular instrument or software package, they frequently recommend it, in spite of its obvious shortcomings. Tongue
  A useful idea (when considering a purchase) is to find as many negative reviews as possible, and evaluate their concerns...  True, it is very easy to criticize, and some folks seem to make a hobby of it, but they often do have some valid information for us.

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 03:43:20 AM »

Oren,

In general,reviews concerning software is far too subjective in a lot of instances and sometimes,the more reviews you read,the more it clouds up your head,unfortunately. Undecided
The largest & most obvious problem a prospective software owner faces,is not having the option of returning the product...so it's all ultimately,a hit or miss purchase...a total crap-shoot. Embarrassed

-Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 04:25:21 AM »

...In general,reviews concerning software is far too subjective in a lot of instances... The largest & most obvious problem a prospective software owner faces,is not having the option of returning the product...so it's all ultimately,a hit or miss purchase...

I hear you, friend. At least some folks will read your review here at K-M and be warned. Nice going Cool

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 06:51:42 AM »

Thanks for this information Thom.
It is of great value that we have honnest product reviews here.

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: