Kara-Moon Forum
April 29, 2024, 02:00:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadows  (Read 16789 times)
isle3music

« on: July 18, 2010, 11:02:55 PM »

Here is a short cue I wrote but wasn't too happy with it for a while,because it didn't really have a proper intro.So today,I just added about 12 bars to it but feel like it's still too short.Should I leave it as is or keep adding more?
Cheers
Rui

* The Shadows-New Intro.ogg (6759.86 KB - downloaded 303 times.)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 02:30:18 AM »

Rui,

I never heard anyone compose & arrange film scores in such a flawless & professional manner as you do...very impressive! Shocked Cheesy

Since this piece is put together so well-it does work in it's current length..but yeah,it could benefit further with a bit more.I think that another minute would round out this piece very well.

-Thom

isle3music

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 12:32:36 AM »

I'll probably end up just making the intro longer and see how that goes...
Thanks for your comments,Thom
Rui
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 01:47:21 PM »

Rui,

I never heard anyone compose & arrange film scores in such a flawless & professional manner as you do...very impressive! Shocked Cheesy

-Thom

A BIG +1

This is outstanding

Very good work

Personally I would leave the intro alone and work on a third movement, one with an ending. For me I felt the song did not come to a conclusion.  It just left me hanging, wanting for more. Of course this is just me and other opinions may vary.

As a side note, what are your sound sources for this piece. They are very impressive.

The older I get the better I was!
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 06:18:18 PM »

Very much agree with Mario here. Leave the front, work on the back Grin

Great atmospheric scene creator.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 08:06:20 PM »

OK, I'm impressed. Outstanding work !

Moon
isle3music

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 12:00:55 AM »

Rui,

-Thom

A BIG +1

This is outstanding

Very good work

Personally I would leave the intro alone and work on a third movement, one with an ending. For me I felt the song did not come to a conclusion.  It just left me hanging, wanting for more. Of course this is just me and other opinions may vary.

As a side note, what are your sound sources for this piece. They are very impressive.

Hey,Mario
Thank you so much,you're very kind
A third movement with an ending,whoa Huh sometimes leaving you wanting more is a good thing,no?
Yes,I think it is too short as well,so I will give a go.Because of the title,I think I can work some shadowy sounds in there somehow...huumm  Undecided
Cheers
Rui

isle3music

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 12:07:45 AM »

Very much agree with Mario here. Leave the front, work on the back Grin

Great atmospheric scene creator.
Hey
I think you and Mario may be right,I don't know if I can actually do it,but it needs a proper ending or something like that,another "scene" perhaps before the ending
Thanks for the comments.I appreciate it
Rui
isle3music

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 12:09:42 AM »

OK, I'm impressed. Outstanding work !

Moon
Thanks a mint,you guys are way too kind
Rui
isle3music

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 03:27:51 AM »

Ok,I have a new version of this song,basically just added a new movement with an ending as suggested.
I think I kept the same mood in the new part,so hopefully you'll like it as well.
Didn't really do any work on it until this afternoon,takes longer just to choose the sounds than to actually record it.As I was going through some sounds last night,I almost wrote a new song by accident,so maybe I'll keep adding on to it and create a brand new track.
Anyways,here it goes
Cheers
Rui

* Shadows.mp3 (5911.06 KB - downloaded 307 times.)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 10:20:21 AM »

Very dark and moody. Actually made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Seriously impressed with this now Cool wOO

I would prefer some sort of crash/crescendo at the end, rather than the chop off you've done. For me, the latter only really works on a scene change.

Just waiting for the movie Tongue

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
isle3music

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 11:45:02 AM »

I would prefer some sort of crash/crescendo at the end, rather than the chop off you've done. For me, the latter only really works on a scene change.
Just waiting for the movie Tongue
Yes,the new part sort of changes the mood of the "scene" but not by much.Most of my songs are "atmospheric scene creators" I think someone commented before Wink,I don't really know how to write any other way.
I wish there was a movie for this though
Thanks for listening and for the comments
Rui
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 02:14:34 PM »

Yep indeed...this piece has certainly turned a darker corner,adding more color to the theme...very intimidating! Evil

As for the ending..well,Will's wish for the classic sort of ending would have been nice,but this is an equally good ending...very modern,but very impressively executed & just as impactful.

-Thom

isle3music

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 07:28:20 PM »

Yep indeed...this piece has certainly turned a darker corner,adding more color to the theme...very intimidating! Evil
As for the ending..well,Will's wish for the classic sort of ending would have been nice,but this is an equally good ending...very modern,but very impressively executed & just as impactful.
-Thom
Hey,Thom
Yes,the ending,I was about to take the actual traditional cymbal swell that used to be there and just simply move it over to the new ending but I thought since it's Shadows and well,shadows are supposed to be dark,I went with the one that had the most impact,all I could think was....you wonder into the shadows and you suddenly....disappear. Evil
Thanks everyone for the kind words
Rui
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 12:00:43 PM »

perfect - just perfect wOO

I won't change a thing.  Great soundscape.

This belongs in a movie.

great work Rui

The older I get the better I was!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: