Kara-Moon Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:00:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitter Sweet Symphony-isle3 remix  (Read 8606 times)
isle3music

« on: July 28, 2010, 11:59:54 PM »

This is one of my favorite tunes ever,one of those songs that you say,man,I wish I wrote that tune,so I had to do something.
I heard it in the car the other day on the way home and thought I'd give it a shot.
I don't want to disrespect it in any way,so just did a short version and stayed as close as possible to the original.I threw in these freesound vocals at the last minute,so I'm not sure it really goes well or not,but I'm sure you'll  tell me...sorry Paul(another one) Evil
Cheers
Rui

* Bitter Sweet Symphony-isle3 remix.ogg (6998.35 KB - downloaded 302 times.)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 12:05:07 AM by isle3music » Logged
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 12:33:53 AM »

Haven't heard this tune in quite a spell...it's a very pretty song,but gets a bit redundant.As for your version,the one thing I immediately noticed that was a bit off,was the main string lead.
The attack on your string lead is a bit too abrupt & does not sound very natural.Also in this sound,there are certain notes that have a bit more duration,along without some vibrato to them in the original,which are not present here.

Otherwise though,it's a fairly accurate rendition...but I looked up this song on YouTube,& I am not sure about your rhythm guitar notes,as they may be slightly inaccurate.

I hope my attention to detail does not bother you,as my ears are hypersensitive to audio,which is primarily what makes me a musician,as I do not read music at all.

I have not heard this song in years,so it was good to hear it again...thanks for sharing your version,as I enjoyed it. Cool

-Thom

isle3music

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 01:41:07 AM »

Haven't heard this tune in quite a spell...it's a very pretty song,but gets a bit redundant.As for your version,the one thing I immediately noticed that was a bit off,was the main string lead.
The attack on your string lead is a bit too abrupt & does not sound very natural.Also in this sound,there are certain notes that have a bit more duration,along without some vibrato to them in the original,which are not present here.

Otherwise though,it's a fairly accurate rendition...but I looked up this song on YouTube,& I am not sure about your rhythm guitar notes,as they may be slightly inaccurate.

I hope my attention to detail does not bother you,as my ears are hypersensitive to audio,which is primarily what makes me a musician,as I do not read music at all.

I have not heard this song in years,so it was good to hear it again...thanks for sharing your version,as I enjoyed it. Cool

-Thom
You're spot on,Thom,the notes are short but I couldn't find the right strings for that part,and as far as the guitar,I didn't try to copy the notes there,I was just creating something on the fly,it was the last thing I recorded,it was a lot of fun though,thanks for listening
Rui
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 10:42:54 AM »

Interesting cover

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
isle3music

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 08:56:48 PM »

Interesting cover
k
Thanks Kara
Rui
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 03:01:23 AM »

This is one of my favorite tunes ever,one of those songs that you say,man,I wish I wrote that tune,so I had to do something.
I'm not familiar with the original, but this rendition works, bigtime! wOO

isle3music

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 01:54:44 PM »

I'm not familiar with the original, but this rendition works, bigtime! wOO
Hey,Oren
Thanks once again
It's just a great tune by The Verve,if you like my version,you're gonna love the original with vocals,etc
Cheers
Rui
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx3m4e45bTo
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 11:34:01 PM »

It's just a great tune by The Verve,if you like my version,you're gonna love the original with vocals,etc

Rui,

I much prefer your version. You have constructed your "cover" with more personality - a legitimately original approach.

To me, The Verve borrows way too much from U2. It's like Bono performing with an orchestra... Roll Eyes

isle3music

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 02:25:35 PM »

Rui,
I much prefer your version. You have constructed your "cover" with more personality - a legitimately original approach.
To me, The Verve borrows way too much from U2. It's like Bono performing with an orchestra... Roll Eyes
Oren,you just made my day,my friend
Don't think anyone else would agree with you but,hey,who am I to argue Grin
Rui
impablomations

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 06:57:28 PM »

You are far too prolific!! lol

I love this, I was a huge Verve fan back in the day, and you have certainly done it justice!

I have the world's largest collection of seashells. I keep it on all the beaches of the world... perhaps you've seen it. - Steven Wright

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato
isle3music

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 12:07:03 AM »

You are far too prolific!! lol

I love this, I was a huge Verve fan back in the day, and you have certainly done it justice!
Prolific lately,may not last... Undecided
Thanks for the comments
Rui
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 09:06:28 PM »

Rui,

I'm in Oren's camp on this one.

GREAT rendition  wOO

The older I get the better I was!
isle3music

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 11:06:07 PM »

Rui,

I'm in Oren's camp on this one.

GREAT rendition  wOO
Thanks guys,really appreciate it
Rui
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: