Kara-Moon Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:12:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dream Within A Dream  (Read 6681 times)
isle3music

« on: August 04, 2010, 04:58:55 AM »

Hey,everyone
I'm sure everyone knows this one by Edgar Allan Poe,so I thought I'd put some music to it.
I start it off as if you're in a dream till about half way,then you hear the vocals/poem(towards the end) which leaves you not knowing if it's a dream or not.
This time I made it longer and left lots of space for anyone to join in and add something if so inclined.
It could use some real guitars,maybe bass,piano...whatever,any ideas?
Cheers
Rui

* Dream Within A Dream.mp3 (6131.75 KB - downloaded 294 times.)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 05:22:06 AM »

Rui,

A very nice transcendental atmosphere you have going on here!
CoolMy mind is swimming with ideas-one of which,is that I would like to have uncompressed files to work with...all sent to me individually. Wink Cheesy
Reason being,is that I don't want to drag your music through the mud,by working with an MP3 file...OGG files would be an improvement,but I much prefer to work with WAV though(if you don't mind taking the time to send me WAV files).

I don't know if you have had any experience in online collabs before,but YouSendIt.com is good...especially by way of a Monkey's Audio file(lossless compressed files).
Monkey's Audio compresses WAV files for purposes of a more rapid transfer,but then can be decompressed to full WAV quality later on.

Are you game for this?

-Thom

isle3music

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 01:53:20 PM »

Reason being,is that I don't want to drag your music through the mud,by working with an MP3 file...OGG files would be an improvement,but I much prefer to work with WAV though(if you don't mind taking the time to send me WAV files).
-Thom[/b]
Sure,I don't mind...you want just the main ones though,like keys,drum loop,vocal sample,guitar
Rui
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 09:09:10 PM »

Send me everything,or whatever you're willing to send...it's up to you.My profile here, has my AOL account,but it's been giving me problems...so if you can send it all to me through my Yahoo account,that would be perfect.

Thanks,

-Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 02:55:44 AM »

Has that "Pink Floyd" vibe. Beautiful!

isle3music

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 01:48:14 PM »

Has that "Pink Floyd" vibe. Beautiful!
Hey,Oren
Yes,I can notice it more and more in my music lately,the Floyd influence,but what to do?
You can probably also hear Jobson,Cretu,Leeb....
It would be great to have some of your guitar work in there( Grin)....
Thanks for the comment
Rui
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 11:45:45 PM »

Yes,I can notice it more and more in my music lately,the Floyd influence,but what to do?

To my mind, any influence is good, as long as it's flavouring your own style in positive way. Floyd is a natural extension of the way you hear music, so it works.
David Gilmour is a big influence in my guitar style, and I'd love to collaborate on a song with you, once the projects I have underway are complete.
(as long as it doesn't end up sounding like a Pink Floyd Cover band - Pink Rui? ...Oren Floyd?...)

isle3music

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 02:31:00 PM »

To my mind, any influence is good, as long as it's flavouring your own style in positive way. Floyd is a natural extension of the way you hear music, so it works.
David Gilmour is a big influence in my guitar style, and I'd love to collaborate on a song with you, once the projects I have underway are complete.
(as long as it doesn't end up sounding like a Pink Floyd Cover band - Pink Rui? ...Oren Floyd?...)
OK,that's funny.. Grin
Sounds good,look forward to it
Rui
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 02:43:50 PM »

What a coincidence, the last movie I went to in the cinema was 'Inception' with Brat Pitt, where the conception of dreams in dreams is heavily used !

This track could certainly have been used as a soundtrack for it

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
isle3music

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 06:50:27 PM »

What a coincidence, the last movie I went to in the cinema was 'Inception' with Brat Pitt, where the conception of dreams in dreams is heavily used !
This track could certainly have been used as a soundtrack for it
k
Well,it would have been nice if the producers called me to ask permission to use it in the movie,I would have said yes Wink
Thanks Kara
Rui
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: