Kara-Moon Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:49:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sonispherical  (Read 5873 times)
impablomations

« on: August 10, 2010, 01:00:31 AM »

Well I've had a week to recover from Sonisphere, now I remember why I havent been to a festival for years... it wears you out!  Evil

Bass line came 1st, and sort of built intro around that.  Totally unintentional but a little bit of an Iron Maiden vibe to the guitars methinks.. I wonder why? lol

Now to spend a good while catching up on all the nifty tunes I've missed  Grin

* Sonispherical.ogg (4660.5 KB - downloaded 299 times.)

I have the world's largest collection of seashells. I keep it on all the beaches of the world... perhaps you've seen it. - Steven Wright

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato
impablomations

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 01:18:15 AM »

Forgot to add, I "borrowed" the lyrics from a Hawkwind song called The Golden Void, one of my favourites, as they seemed to fit perfectly.

I have the world's largest collection of seashells. I keep it on all the beaches of the world... perhaps you've seen it. - Steven Wright

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 01:20:09 AM »

Loved the chord progressions in this & some tasty synth sounds. 8)This song does seem unfinished though,as it sort of come across as one giant intro.

-Thom

isle3music

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 02:11:42 AM »

Well I've had a week to recover from Sonisphere, now I remember why I havent been to a festival for years... it wears you out!  Evil

Bass line came 1st, and sort of built intro around that.  Totally unintentional but a little bit of an Iron Maiden vibe to the guitars methinks.. I wonder why? lol

Now to spend a good while catching up on all the nifty tunes I've missed  Grin
Sonisphere,no wonder,and you came back in one piece?
Great little tune,I enjoyed it mate,very nice
Rui
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 02:56:54 PM »

That Iron Maiden guitar sound is perfect, very very close to the typical IM sound, very well done.
I personaly would bring the vocals a bit more upfront, a question of taste I guess.

I somewhere agree with Thom, it misses a bit that grand finale typical to those rocksongs, I was waiting for the energy to burst off and it didn't happen.
You could perhaps extend the song a bit ?

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
impablomations

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 04:52:16 PM »

I know what you guys mean about it not sounding finished, I have an Idea, don't know how it will pan out but I think I'll give it a try.

Make it part 1 of a 3 part song, part 2 obviously more upbeat then into part 3 as it winds back down, like part 1 in reverse.  A bit like some of the old prog rock songs with a common theme across 2 or 3 songs.

The final thing will probably end up over 10mins long, but who said tunes had to be 3 mins? lol

Besides I haven't attempted approaching a song this way before, so it will be a challenge Cheesy

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 05:12:54 PM »

I know what you guys mean about it not sounding finished, I have an Idea, don't know how it will pan out but I think I'll give it a try.

Make it part 1 of a 3 part song, part 2 obviously more upbeat then into part 3 as it winds back down, like part 1 in reverse.  A bit like some of the old prog rock songs with a common theme across 2 or 3 songs.

The final thing will probably end up over 10mins long, but who said tunes had to be 3 mins? lol

Besides I haven't attempted approaching a song this way before, so it will be a challenge Cheesy

Interesting approach

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 10:56:44 PM »

That Iron Maiden guitar sound is perfect, very very close to the typical IM sound, very well done.
I personally would bring the vocals a bit more upfront, a question of taste I guess.

Gargantuan! Massive...on the case and in your face... Grin  Big, very big 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: