Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:00:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Casio WK-7500  (Read 51075 times)
kwandar

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2011, 05:14:22 AM »

And one more video ... a lot of repeat and not the best sound recording .... however ...

http://findallvideo.com/wnamm-2011-casio-wk7500/id/3399748079

For the price I still like it ...
kwandar

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2011, 02:01:05 AM »

Sweet deal at Guitar Centers .... being Canadian I didn't know about them and the rest of you probably do, butthey have a web coupon (Good till end of day tomorrow) for $100 off a purchase of $499 or more..... and you can order a Casio 7500 for $499, which makes the price only $399.

THAT is a good deal!  (not nearly as good a deal for Canadians, but a little bit better than $499 if you include taxes)
kwandar

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2011, 02:28:35 PM »

Two detailed write-ups on the WK-7500 that make for an interesting read.  They note that the piano sounds come from the PX-330 (that explains why I liked them!) and both reviews indicate the other sounds are reasonably good.  Also mentioned that key action is good - better than PSR-900.  Good bang for the buck and it sounds like this is going to be a good keyboard (but no Kronos ;( )

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/315091/George_Kaye#Post315091

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/315894/Searchpage/1/Main/45149/Words/wk-7500/Search/true/Re_Played_the_Casio_WK_7500_ne#Post315894
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 04:27:52 AM by kwandar » Logged
oldsalt

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2011, 07:50:41 PM »

Hi guys. I recently purchased a Casio WK7500 workstation after doing some pretty extensive research. I have played keyboards for about 20 years, starting with a Korg midi controller-type board, using a Roland rack-mount sound module and Cakewalk computer sequencing software.

When I bought the WK7500 I also upgraded to the latest version of Cakewalk SONAR Home Studio. My problem is that I am using a USB cable between the WK7500 and my computer. The computer sees the Casio and the driver is installed on the PC, but the Cakewalk software does not see the Casio. What Am I doing wrong? Any suggestions? Thanks.

JL
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2011, 04:52:31 AM »

I'd put the question up on the Cakewalk forums.

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2011, 06:18:17 PM »

What Am I doing wrong? Any suggestions? Thanks.

A bit late, but in case you didn't sorted it out: you need to activate the midi device before you can use it in a track. Go to the device configuration page and activate both the midi-in and midi-out casio device. That should do it...

Moon
gfmucci

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2013, 08:33:07 PM »

Hi guys. I recently purchased a Casio WK7500 workstation after doing some pretty extensive research. I have played keyboards for about 20 years, starting with a Korg midi controller-type board, using a Roland rack-mount sound module and Cakewalk computer sequencing software.

When I bought the WK7500 I also upgraded to the latest version of Cakewalk SONAR Home Studio. My problem is that I am using a USB cable between the WK7500 and my computer. The computer sees the Casio and the driver is installed on the PC, but the Cakewalk software does not see the Casio. What Am I doing wrong? Any suggestions? Thanks.

JL

I'm new to current keyboards and music recording software.  So tell me, what is the advantage of a computer program like Cakewalk compared to the recording features already on the 7500?  Is it a matter of much more user-friendly interface, flexibility, sound quality, variety of voicings?  All of the above?  What do you use on SONAR that the basic HOME version of Cakewalk doesn't have?  What related sound/music/recording software is recommended to complement the 7500?

Thanks.
SLD Music

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2013, 09:29:11 PM »

Hi JL,

I'm neither a Sonar user (I use Cubase), nor a Casio WK7500 user (I have a Motif XF8), so I can't really speak to your question too much.  I did want to say welcome, though.  Smiley

Universally, I would say, though, it all comes down to comfort level and work flow.  It's really hard and ... of limited usefulness to gather opinions from others who try to make music on the internet, as they, of course will have their own biases and agendas in terms of the tools they like to use and why.  My best advice is to start with what you know and are comfortable with.  Grow slowly and do it for the right reasons.  If you find that working with a WK7500 and the home version of Sonar is effective, then there's no reason to change.  If you need something more that you don't have, find out what it is, and grow with an eye toward what YOU want, not what others say you should want.  Smiley

It's an unfortunate trap we all fall into and one point or another... The best music I make (which is comprised of mostly choral type work with me as the sole performer) could be done with one decent mic, a decent interface, and a minimally functional DAW package.  What I have is more than I need.  I don't regret what I have, as it not only improves my work because I've taken it on slowly and learned how to use it, but it also allows me to pursue other types of music. My point is that I could make perfectly good tracks with much less.  The gear is only as good as you are at using it, so take a deliberate and balanced approach when you expand. 

Others here do use Sonar, so I'm sure they'll have much more practical advice to offer.  Smiley

Anyway... welcome again.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: