Kara-Moon Forum
April 29, 2024, 08:23:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yoshimi Developments.  (Read 3851 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« on: November 09, 2010, 07:59:18 PM »

In the experimental branch of this rather wonderful synth Cal (the lone developer) has started revising the way voice patches and banks are stored. The result is that it is now possible to change both voices and banks on the fly on one channel while other channels are continuously sounding.

Even the most complex patch changes don't make a sound, nor cause any xruns.

At present the new database format has to be loaded manually, but this is work in progress, and eventually it will be able to import and export Zyn. format voice patches.

An interesting side effect is that it is now possible to simply load up Yoshimi and have your sequencer (or other control device) specify every voice patch at the start, as you would with a hardware synth - there is no longer any need to load a patch set.

Unlike a hardware synth, you can change banks in the middle of a tune without disrupting any playing channels, and change the actual voice of one channel without disturbing the others that are playing.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 11:06:51 PM »

This all new to me - I'm only just starting to get a handle on ZynAddSubFX.

What fun!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: