Kara-Moon Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:47:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another MarioD quick and dirty jam  (Read 5440 times)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« on: November 30, 2010, 04:38:58 PM »

Last Sunday I had some time to myself.  As I was looking around my small studio I noticed my acoustic guitars and remembered that two years ago it was my friend Bob from PSR that got me interested in acoustic guitars and finger picking.  I hadn’t had an acoustic for over 45 years having exclusively played electric guitars. I had completely forgotten the joy of playing acoustic guitars!  Also I am a lousy finger picker but I did pick up some tips by watching Bob play.

So here is another quick and dirty jam with me practicing the acoustic and bass guitars, keys and wind controller.  I dedicate this song to My Friend Bob.

I hope you like it for what it is.

* My Friend Bob.mp3 (4974.78 KB - downloaded 540 times.)

The older I get the better I was!
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 04:52:02 PM »

Cool Jam
You 'feel' still a bit hesitating on that windcontroller, but I'm a bit critic since I'm used to a very good player  Undecided

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 10:10:38 PM »

I really like the content of this, Mario.  wOO

Cool I wonder if you would do an experiment for me?  I have a 'thing' about acoustic/electric guitars with those piezo pick-ups.  Next time you make a recording like this would you try this method out for me. Piezo p/up into one input and acoustic guitar mic'ed into another input and mix them together .... see what improvements can be made to that tone.
Just for curiosity, mon ami  Grin

Wink
James

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 02:45:38 PM »

Thanx guys for listening and the comments.

Kara- I’m not a bit hesitant I am a lot hesitant when playing the wind controller.  I don’t put in the time I need to really learn the instrument, i.e. life keeps getting in the way.  I am still trying though. Couple that with the fact that one of the best wind controller musicians on the planet resides on these forums shows me how much of a rookie I really am!

Jim – thanx for the suggestion. I was going to try that sometime as I believe you mentioned this before but I forgot; I suffer from CRS Roll Eyes
I have printed your message and I’ll try an experiment where I’ll record a short guitar piece as you suggested and upload two files, one with both the mic and piezo and one with just the piezo so you can hear the different on the same piece.

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 01:11:53 AM »

...So here is another quick and dirty jam with me practicing the acoustic and bass guitars, keys and wind controller ...

A pleasure, Longhair!

...your forum post signature should read "the older I get, the better I is"... Grin

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 01:37:54 PM »

Thanx Oren.

No my post signature is spot on!  Trust me  Roll Eyes

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 09:30:32 PM »

Very nice work

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 12:52:48 AM »

Thanx Will.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: